The Profoto A1X is designed with light shaping capabilities; it has a unique round head with a soft, smooth fall-off that makes it easy to create a natural and beautiful light. It also includes a smart magnetic mount and dedicated Light Shaping Tools that click on and off quickly and easily. They can be stacked for more creative options. The A1X also offers a built-in LED modeling light that makes it easy to position the light and understand how light and shadows work together.
And it’s extremely easy to use. The user interface is large, clean and clear. Like all Profoto products, it’s intuitive to use and you don’t need to read a long instruction manual to understand how it works. AirTTL remote is also built into the A1X. With AirTTL and HSS you create professional results fast and easy and with the remote you can seamless connect to other Profoto flashes and control them easily from the A1X.
Profoto A1X is not only an on-camera flash, it’s also very effective off-camera as a standalone unit. The A1X has its own Li-Ion high capacity exchangeable battery that lasts up to four times longer than AA batteries with no performance fade, and a facility to recharge quickly - so you can shoot for longer with confidence. And the A1X can keep up with you because it recycles four times faster than other on-camera solutions – that’s 1.0s at full power. Put simply, you’ll never miss a shot.
- Round head with soft, smooth and natural fall off.
- AirTTL and HSS for a beautiful professional image fast.
- Smart magnetic click-on mount (patent pending) for A1X Light Shaping Tools.
- Dedicated A1X Light Shaping Tools available.
- LED modeling light integrated to the head.
- Air Remote built-in.
- Rechargeable and exchangeable Li-Ion battery.
- 450 full power flashes per charge
- 1.0s recycling time.
- TTL/MAN switch.
- Built in motor-zoom with manual control.
- Auto focus (AF) assist.
- Large Hi-Res display.
- Support for Canon, Nikon and Sony.
Profoto A1X Kit Details
The Profoto Off-Camera Kit is simplicity personified. Featuring Profoto Connect; a trigger for flash that's completely button-free. Better still, it's a trigger for that makes the natural and beautiful light from the Profoto A1X more accessible to more image creators than ever before. Slide it to auto; it's point-and-shoot because the correct flash exposure is calculated for you when you press the shutter. Or you can establish a starting exposure in auto, and then slide it over to manual to creatively fine tune it. The Profoto A1X features a round head with a soft, gentle light fall off. You can be creative with light with a range of light shaping tools and a powerful battery delivers 450 flashes-per-charge and fast recycling time. As a result, The Profoto Off-Camera Kit featuring the Profoto Connect and the A1X is a powerful and easy to use combination. Used together with the Profoto app it gives you seamless control and freedom to bring your vision to life. Anytime, anywhere.
Profoto Connect Details
- Button-free trigger for all Profoto AirTTL products
- Connects camera and light
- Small and lightweight
- Two modes – Auto and Manual
- Auto mode: Point and shoot with automatic flash exposure
- Manual mode: Fine-tune the flash settings
- Smart connectivity with the Profoto app (compatible with iPhone 7 or newer)
- USB-C Charging
- Built-in rechargeable Li-Polmyer battery – 30h battery life
1DX Mark II
1DS Mark III
5D Mark IV
5D Mark III
5D Mark II
6D Mark II
7D Mark II
Power Shot G3X
Power Shot G1X Mark III
* Note that EOS R doesn't support the AF assist on the A1X. It will use on-camera LED as AF assist.
Also note that EOS R frames per second is limited to max 3.0 fps with A1X for Canon on camera (in TTL and Manual).
* Note that Z6 and Z7 doesn't support the AF assist on the A1X. They will use on-camera LED as AF assist.