Nikon has released a new firmware update for the Nikon 1 V1.
Firmware update 1.21 resolves an issue where immediately after the camera is turned on after attaching a lens, the shooting display on the lcd or in the electronic viewfinder sometimes appears to move.
Download the update here.
Nikon expands their 1 Nikkor Lens System with an affordable fast aperture prime lens.
The 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 prime lens for its 1 system mirrorless cameras offers a field of view equivalent to that of a 50mm lens on a full-frame camera. Compatible with the Nikon 1 J1, J2 and V1, the lens will be available in November in black, white or silver, at a cost of around $189.95.
Nikon has released a firmware update for the popular Nikon 1 J1 and V1 mirrorless cameras.
The improvements for this version are:
- The exposure control program used with shooting in Smart Photo Selector mode, or still image shooting mode with Exposure mode set to P Programmed auto or Scene auto selector, has been revised for faster shutter speeds to prevent blurred subjects.
- Auto white balance performance has been increased.
- Exposure accuracy with ISO sensitivity set to Auto 100–3200, Auto 100–800, or Auto 100–400 has been increased with shooting using the optional Speedlight SB-N5 to photograph subjects at close distances.
The following issues have also been resolved.
- An error message was sometimes displayed during interval timer shooting, preventing capture of the specified number of shots.
- When the camera was turned on by releasing the retractable lens barrel lock on applicable lenses, there was sometimes a slight delay before the shutter could be released.
J1 : https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53198
V1 : https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53148