Sony has just released a new firmware update for the A7rII and A7sII which improves the 4K recording time when using the vertical grip,and also adds a ”Picture quality improvement”.
Sony has announced a new firmware update for the A7 Mark II adding a 14-bit uncompressed RAW format option. Firmware version 2.00 also adds phase-detection AF support for the A-mount lens adapter LA-EA3 and a movie button custom key setting.
Sony has released a new firmware update for the A7R II. Version 2.00 offers a menu selectable feature for uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image capture and adds support to output video via HDMI while using the Remote Camera Control software (still mode only).
Sony has announced the RX1R II, an update to the RX1 and RX1R full-frame, fixed-lens compact cameras. The RX1R II features a back-illuminated, 42 MP full-frame sensor borrowed from the A7R II, a ZEISS Sonnar T* 35mm f2 lens, much improved high speed AF, a retractable XGA OLED viewfinder and the world’s first optical variable low pass filter.
The Sony RX1R II will ship in November for $3299.
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Variable Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Zeiss Sonnar T* 35mm f/2 Lens
- Full HD 1080p60 Video & XAVC S Format
- 399 Phase-Detect AF Points & 5 fps Burst
- 0.39″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- ISO 102400 & Uncompressed 14-Bit RAW
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Sony just released a new firmware update for the Sony A7rII.
But don’t be too excited yet as the promised 14 Bit RAW feature has not yet been included in this version.
The benefits of this update are:
- Improved a front focus issue in some shooting scenes.
- Decreased chroma noise when long exposure NR is set off.
- Improved Hi continuous shooting speed when using the flash.
You can download it here: