Canon is making available to US customers a white EOS Rebel SL1. Previously available only in Europe, you can now have a matching EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 STM lens along with this compact DSLR. The white EOS Rebel SL1 with kit lens will be available in June for $749.
EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM (left), EF-S 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM (right)
Canon has also officially announced a pair of new lenses. First is the EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM, an image-stabilised wide angle zoom for full frame SLRs. The IS system offers 4 stops of shake reduction according to CIPA standards.
Also announced is an EF-S 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM wide angle zoom for APS-C SLRs, which gives a 16-29mm equivalent range. The 10-18mm is smaller, lighter and less expensive than the existing 10-22mm lens, and its stepping motor allows for fast and silent focusing while recording video.
The two lenses will be available next month for $1199 and $299, respectively.
Canon has just added a new camera to their EOS Rebel entry-level digital SLR line. The 18-megapixel Canon EOS Rebel SL1 is now the world’s smallest DSLR. With easy to use touchscreen controls and full HD video, Canon says the SL1 is, “perfect for users looking for the ideal camera to bring sightseeing on vacation or to capture the everyday.”
The SL1 is approximately 25 percent smaller and 28 percent lighter than the EOS Rebel T4i digital camera.
Key Features and Specs :
- World’s smallest and lightest DSLR
- New 18.0-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 processing
- New Hybrid CMOS AF II system with nine-point center cross-type auto focus array and expanded area in Live View
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-12,800, expandable to ISO 25,600 for stills; ISO 100-6400, expandable to ISO 12,800 for video
- 4 FPS max burst speed
- 3-inch touchscreen LCD display
- 1080p full HD video
- Movie Servo AF continuous subject tracking
- Manual exposure control in movie mode
- Pop-up flash
$799.99 with an EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens.