Leica is offering $5,000. off the price of a new Leica S Typ 006. You can trade in any SLR or medium format camera and receive $5,000 instant credit towards the purchase of a new Leica S typ 006 camera (priced at $21,950.00). This new program will start on April 1 and will end on June 30, 2014 (no, not an April fool’s joke).
Leica Camera has announced that a new Leica S2/S2-P firmware update, version LLF016 is available for download. The new firmware improves the performance of the Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30 – 90 mm f3.5-5.6 ASPH. Registered S2/S2-P customers can download the new firmware from the Leica Owners’ Area.
Leica Camera has introduced the Leica S-Adapter C which allows Contax 645 lenses to be used with the Leica S (Typ 007), Leica S2 and Leica S2-P cameras. The adapter enables owners of the Contax 645 system to switch effortlessly to the Leica S System. The Leica S-Adapter C when used with Contax 645 lenses on any of the Leica S cameras offers the following:
- Autofocus and manual focus with focus confirmation
- Automatic aperture
- Using the EXIF data of lenses of Contax 645 system
- Use of corrective lens profiles for the Contax 645 system when converting the RAW files in Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop.
- When using the adapter with Contax 645 lenses, the aperture is selected with the manual mode or the automatic setting of the camera.
Retail Price: $1,950.00
The Leica S-Adapter C supports the following lenses from the Contax 645 system:
- Distagon T* 3.5 / 35 mm
- Distagon T* 2.8 / 45 mm
- Distagon T* 3.5 / 55 mm
- Planar T* 2.8 / 80 mm
- Apo-Makro-Planar T* 4 / 120 mm
- Sonnar T* 2.8 / 140 mm
- Sonnar T* 4 / 210 mm
- Tele-Apotessar T* 4 / 350 mm
- Vario-Sonnar T* 4.5 / 45-90 mm
- Mutar 1.4x T*
- Auto Extension Ring 13 mm
- Auto Extension Ring 26 mm
- Auto Extension Ring 52 mm
The Leica S-Adapter C does not support auto-focus for the following components:
- Apo-Makro-Planar T*4 / 120 mm as it is a MF lens
- Automatic bellows