Olympus has updated the firmware of its PEN E-P5 mirrorless camera, introducing improved Wi-Fi remote control functionality and a ’0 sec’ anti-shock setting which should help prevent blurred images at certain shutter speeds.
Olympus today announced a retro looking addition to its PEN lineup.
Designed with a modern twist to the original PEN F, fans of the Olympus PEN family of cameras now have the PEN E-P5. The flagship PEN body that delivers a portable, premium quality experience. The E-P5 is packed with the latest innovations Olympus technology has to offer including 1/8000s Shutter Speed, 5-Axis Image Stabilization, “F.A.S.T” AF Speed, Built-In Wi-Fi capability*, 2×2 dial control and more.
- 16MP MOS Four Thirds sensor
- Dual top plate control dials with a “2×2″ function changing option
- 1/8000 sec top shutter speed (first in a mirrorless body) and 1/320 sec flash sync
- ’5-axis’ image stabilization with automatic panning detection
- ISO 100-25600
- Up to 9fps shooting (5.0 fps with continuous AF)
- Focus ‘peaking’ display for manual focus lenses
- Intervalometer and Time Lapse movie creation
- 1.04m dot 3″ LCD touchscreen display
- Built-in Wi-Fi for remote shooting and image transfer to smartphone or tablet
The Olympus PEN E-P5 will be available later this month in the following configurations : Body only, available in Black, Silver or White, $999.99 Black or Silver body with black M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm f1.8 lens and VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder lens, $1449.99