Leica just today has unveiled a brand-new professional camera system, the SL. With its 24 MP CMOS sensor optimized for all Leica lenses, the Leica SL (Typ 601) mirrorless camera sets new standards in the professional camera systems category thanks to the combination of outstanding speed and unrivaled optical performance. With the fastest autofocus in its class and the exceptional Leica image quality, photographers will always achieve brilliant imaging results – in still images and in 4k video.
Hand made in Germany, the Leica SL is milled from two solid blocks of aluminum and the Leica SL lenses have a water repellant Aqua Dura coating. In addition to the SL lenses, the Leica SL can be used with other Leica lenses (S, R, M, T & Cine) and 3rd party lenses via adapters even for video applications, making it ideal for any photographic situation.
The Leica SL body will retail for $7450. and the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f2.8-4 ASPH for $4950. Both shipping mid-November 2015. Also available in June 2016 will be the APO Elmarit-SL 90-280mm f2.8-4, and in December 2016, the Summilux-SL 50mm f1.4 ASPH.
Pre-order yours today at Camera West.
- Largest, fastest & highest resolution EVF (4.4 MP@60FPS / X 0.8 magnification)
- Fastest burst rate: 11 fps@ 24 MP, 1080p@120 fps, 4 k (UHD) @ 30 fps & Cine4K @ 24 fps
- Fastest AF in full frame system cameras
- 24-MP CMOS sensor: ISO 50-50,000 for highest performance under every lighting condition
- Best in class image quality with all supported Leica lenses (SL, S, R, M, T & Cine)
- Fastest SD standard (UHS2) with a secondary (UHS1) back up SD card slot
- Best video quality: 4k at 30 fps (Super 35), 1080HD@120fps (FF) (10 bit via HDMI out)
- Weather sealed to protect from spray water and dust
- Shutter speed from 30 min (bulb) – 1/8,000s (mechanical)
- Ultrasonic sensor cleaning
- Latest generation of Leica Professional user interface with hybrid touch operation
- Integrated WiFi and GPS module
- State of the art connectivity: Remote control, Viewer & Sharing App for iOS & Android
- Made in Germany & milled from solid blocks of aluminum
Leica is now offering the Leica Monovid 8 × 20 monocular in a special limited edition – only 300 worldwide. Each Special Edition Monovid comes with an elegant pouch in red leather with a color-matched leather wrist strap for convenient carrying and safe storage.
The $399. Leica Monovid 8 × 20 with 8× magnification is the ideal companion to take with you wherever you go. A close-up lens is also included, allowing objects to be viewed at distances of between 9.8 and 11.8 inches making it ideal for reading an opera or theater program. The close-up lens is quickly and easily attached by a screw thread. When not in use, the lens can be stowed away safely in a separate compartment of the pouch supplied with the glass.
Leica Camera AG, Wetzlar, presents in collaboration with Zagato, the Italian automotive Atelier and Total Design Center, a special limited edition: the Leica Ultravid 8×32 ‘Edition Zagato’. Uniting the values shared by both classical companies – premium quality, craftsmanship and tradition – the Leica Ultravid 8×32 ‘Edition Zagato’ combines unique design with cutting-edge technologies.
The outer shell of the ‘Edition Zagato’ is manufactured from aluminium and its front lenses feature two red anodised rings inscribed with ‘Zagato’. In an elaborate process, hundreds of fine grooves have been milled into the surface of the aluminium shell to give the binoculars a unique finish.
The $3500. Leica Ultravid 8×32 ‘Edition Zagato’ is imited to only 1,000 sets for the entire global market. In addition to the binoculars, the edition also includes a case designed by Zagato and a matching carrying strap and hand strap in genuine Italian leather. The Leica Ultravid 8×32 ‘Edition Zagato’ will be available starting in September 2015 at selected Leica Stores and Boutiques.
Alex Ramos, Leica Store San Francisco Gallery Director shoots in a SF tailor store.
We were fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to test an advanced copy of the 007, prior to its release. Here at Camera West and Leica Store San Francisco, we have a lot of in house photography talent. While we were very tempted to take the camera out to make some fine landscape images, I felt that some images, which focused on the 007’s enhancements, were in order. We were able to get this into the hands of three of our photographers for an initial review and here are their impressions.
- Sean Cranor – President/CEO Camera West Inc. Leica Store San Francisco
The Leica Q is getting great reviews from everyone who have been lucky enough to get one in their hands.
This Week in Photo bloggers Doug Kaye and Frederick Van Johnson give us their take in this 47 minute look at the new full frame auto-focus offering from Leica.
Want one in your hands? Give us a call and we’ll get one for you, or stop by and check out our demo model. You’ll be impressed!