ZEISS released a new firmware update for the Touit 2.8/12 E and 1.8/32 E lenses providing support of phase detection autofocus and the fast hybrid autofocus of newer Sony E mount cameras. This new firmware must be uploaded to the lens at ZEISS’ facilities using specialized equipment. It is not possible to upload the firmware via the Sony camera body.
More information about the update can be found at: http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/service/download_center/touit_e-mount.html#improvements
Fujifilm has released firmware 3.0 for the Fuji X-T1.
Firmware v3.0 adds electronic shutter speeds up to 1/32,000sec, an option to change the shutter sound or mute it entirely, a new Film Simulation mode which gives the muted colors of old slide films, a seamless manual focus override, manual video controls, along with other new features & bug fixes.
Leica has released firmware update v1.3 for their T model 701 camera.
Firmware update v1.3 offers a quicker start-up time, a new improved tone curve for JPEG images, along with other new features & bug fixes.
From Hasselblad : “In the last release of 3.5.8R, we were unsuccessful in the upgrade of a small number of units. To solve the problem we have decided to issue a new release that will allow all CMOS based cameras to be fully upgraded to the latest functionality.
No new functionality has been added and if the update to 3.5.8R was successful for you, then there is no need to upgrade to 3.5.9R.”
Download this firmware from Hasselblad’s site : http://www.hasselbladusa.com
Hasselblad has just released new firmware for the H4D-60, H5D-50c, CFV-50c, H5D, H4D-40, H4D-50, and CFV-50 cameras. Firmware can be downloaded from the Hasselblad site : www.hasselblad.com
H4D-40, H4D-50 and CFV-50 sensor unit firmware R370 Highlights :
- H4D-40: Preview image resolution can be lowered to provide more captures per minute, now up to 45 captures per minute
- Support for UDMA7 CF cards (up to 128 GB)
- Fixed a bug that could give a faint magenta cast on long exposures (CFV-50)
- Stability in capture sequence during Multi-Shot is improved
H5D-50c and CFV-50c sensor unit firmware 3.5.8R highlights :
- Live View on the rear display
- Longer exposure time, now up to 34 minutes (no black exposure required)
- Faster capture rate, now 50 frames per minute (H5D-50c only)
- ISO and White Balance setting visible in viewfinder (H5D-50c only)
- Spirit Level (H5D-50c only) and selectable display modes in tethered mode
- Korean language added
H5D Camera body firmware 3.3.2/1.1.4 highlights :
- Support for ISO/White Balance setting in viewfinder
- Film magazine compatibility
H4D-60 sensor unit firmware R520 highlights :
- Support for UDMA7 CF cards (up to 128 GB