Nikon released a firmware update for the Nikon 1 V3 mirrorless camera with support for the Camera Control Pro 2 v2.22.0 software. This new firmware allows the following operations to be performed:
- The settings for connected cameras can be adjusted from Camera Control Pro 2.
- The Camera Control Pro 2 live view window can now be used for still photography and movie recording as well as to select the AF-area and adjust camera settings.
- Camera Control Pro 2 now supports best moment capture.
Canon has released a firmware update for their 7D Mark II. Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s AF function may not operate properly at a focal length of approximately 100mm when used with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare instances, the reduction of the flicker effect cannot be achieved when in AI servo AF mode, despite the “Anti-flicker shoot” function being set to “Enable”.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Picture Style settings may not be applied to the captured image when the camera is set to custom shooting mode C1, C2 or C3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the first still image captured in live view mode may not record the correct date and time.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, image noise may appear in JPEG images when brightness or contrast is corrected by the Auto Lighting Optimizer function.
Fujifilm has announced firmware updates to fix minor bugs in the X100T and X-T1, improve image quality in the FinePix S1, and improve OIS functionality in several X-mount zoom lenses.
Sony has released camera firmware update 1.20 for Sony A7, A7R, A7S, A7II and a6000 cameras which provides improved function for the latest Sony FE lenses: FE 24-240mm F3.5-5.6, FE 35mm F1.4, FE 28mm F2 and FE 90mm F2.8 Macro.
• Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.
• Provides support for the SEL70200G lens:
• Supports the “Fast Hybrid AF” function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses
• Adds the “Focus hold button” function
• Reduces start-up time when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
• Improves image quality
• Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps:
• Supports the “Liveview Grading” and “Smooth Reflection” applications
• Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the “Time-lapse” application ver. 2.00 and later
Leica has released a new firmware for the Leica T (Typ 701). Firmware Version 1.310 fixes the following bugs:
- Lens error with specific SD cards WLAN connection error (in case the SSID is too long)
- Image number reset after FW-Update or camera reset
- Unnecessary icons shown in EVF live view image while using M-adapter T