Nikon has released firmware updates for both the D5200 and D7100 cameras. Both new versions of the firmware reduce horizontal line noise in videos recorded at 1280×720/60p and 1280×720/50p. In addition, firmware v. 1.03 fixes an issue that causes the cameras to freeze when the ‘clean image sensor’ option is selected.
Canon has released a new firmware for the Canon 7D Mark II.
Firmware Version 1.0.5 incorporates the following fixes and improvements:
- Improves AF accuracy when used in combination with the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM lens or EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the “Peripheral illumination correction” is applied inconsistently.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, while performing an EF lens firmware update, the progress bar displayed on the LCD monitor may freeze at 100% even though the update has been completed.
- Fixes a processing error in relation to the leap second for the “Geotag information appended to image” and “Log data” GPS functions.
- Fixes a phenomenon, where at the time of shooting in very rare cases “Err 70″ occurs, or the shutter does not release.
Leica Camera has released a firmware update for the M and M-P (Typ 240) cameras, adding flash exposure compensation with the Leica SF 26 and fixing some live view and video function bugs.
Sony has released firmware updates shortening the start up time for the A600, A7, A7r, and A7s.
Firmware can be downloaded from Sony support at http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/index.pl.
Nikon has released ‘C’ firmware version 1.04 for the D3200. This update addresses an issue with the camera’s memory card slot, causing the access lamp to light for too long or the camera to give an error while the user is accessing the memory card.