The EOS M3 is Canon’s fastest-ever mirrorless EOS compact system camera, designed for photographers looking for the power of a DSLR and access to the incredible EF lens range, but demanding a smaller compact body with EOS build quality. Appealing to serious enthusiasts, the EOS M3 boasts stunningly fast autofocus, Canon’s highest resolution 24.2 Megapixel APS-C sensor and a host of creative options for stills and filmmaking.
Key Features :
- 24.2 MP APS-C size CMOS sensor
- Premium image quality using DIGIC 6 Processor
- Selectable ISO range of 100-12,800 with expansion to 25,600
- Hybrid CMOS AF III focusing with 49 AF points
- Focusing assist with Manual Focus Peaking and AF+MF
- Large, tilt-type 3.0in (1,040k) 3:2 ClearView II touchscreen with sRGB colour reproduction
- High quality Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format with full exposure control
- Built-in WiFi with NFC support
- Fully compatible with Canon Speedlite System and advanced levels of controls
- Premium body construction and handling with stainless steel chassis and all aluminium exterior
Canon has introduced a new EOS Rebel, the T6i. Providing a 24.2MP APS-C sensor and new to the Rebel series, a built-in Wi-Fi with NFC. The EOS Rebel T6i will be available at the end of April 2015. The EOS Rebel T6i will retail for $749.99 body-only, $899.99 with EF-S 18-55mm STM kit lens or $1099 with EF-S 18-135mm STM lens.
Key Features :
- DIGIC 6 processor
- 19-point phase-detection AF system
- 5 fps continuous shooting
- Fully articulated 3″ LCD screen
- Captures Full HD 1080p resolution video up to 30 fps in MP4 format
Canon has launched the world’s widest angle full-frame ultra-wide zoom – the EF11-24mm f/4L USM – which features a new optical design to give photographers who need to work at very wide angles an ultra-wide zoom built to the highest standards possible.
The EF11-24mm f/4L USM uses a completely new patented lens design. The optical construction consists of 16 lens elements in 11 groups with a three group zoom and rear focus. The lens’ use of four aspherical lenses (including the world’s largest diameter ground aspherical lens within a photographic lens and three glass-molded lenses) helps to minimise distortion throughout the entire zoom range, while the inclusion of both a UD lens and Super UD lens minimises chromatic aberration and eliminates colour blurring around the edges of the subject. This ensures high-quality images with high levels of resolution and contrast.
The 11-24mm f4/L will be available in late February for $2999.
Key Features :
- World’s widest angle ultra-wide zoom with 11-24mm focal length.*
- f/4 fixed aperture high-performance standard zoom L series lens.
- Uses 4 aspherical lens elements and a UD and Super UD lens elements, ensuring the highest image quality.
- Canon unique SWC and new ASC anti-reflective coatings.
- Fluorine coating on the lens surfaces to prevents dirt sticking to lens elements.
- Silent, fast autofocus, using a ring type USM.
- The 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful out of focus highlights (bokeh).
- Full-time manual focusing.
- Minimum focusing distance 0.28m (at 24mm zoom position).
- Highly resistant to dust and water allowing shooting in the harshest conditions.
The long rumored 50 megapixel camera from Canon has been officially announced. The Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R offer maxed-out resolution in the same magnesium alloy body of the EOS 5D Mark III. Canon offers two versions – the EOS 5DS and the EOS 5DS R are identical except the latter has a cancelled out low pass filter. Available in June 2015. The EOS 5DS will retail for $3699 and the EOS 5DS R $3899.
Key Features :
- 50.6 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with ISO 100-6400 (Lo: 50 and H1: 12,800) sensitivity range.
- Low-pass cancellation filter for maximum sensor resolution.
- Dual DIGIC 6 processors for outstanding image processing speed and camera responsiveness.
- 5 frames per second (fps) with selectable burst speeds and silent shutter mode.
- 61-point wide area AF with 41 cross-type sensors with iTR, AI Servo AF III and AF Configuration tool.
- 150k pixel RGB+IR metering sensor.
- 100% magnification Intelligent Viewfinder II with electronic overlay.
- 1.3x, 1.6x and 1:1 ratio crop modes with masked viewfinder display.
- Mirror Vibration Control System to reduce mirror vibration blur.
- Fine Detail Picture Style.
- CF + SD (UHS-I) dual memory card slots.
- Peripheral Illumination and Chromatic Aberration Lens Correction in-camera.
- Multiple Exposure and HDR mode.
- Customisable Quick Control screen
- Built-in timer functionality – bulb timer and interval shooting timer.
- Time-lapse Movie function.
- Super Speed USB 3.0 for high-speed tethering and image/movie transfer.
- 150,000 shutter cycle life.
- Compatible with most EOS 5D Mark III accessories (note: the WFT-E7 requires new USB cables and firmware updated).
Canon has replaced its 16 year old 100-400mm telephoto zoom lens with a completely new design.
The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM has the same focal length and aperture range as the original, but it has an entirely new collection of lens elements, more effective image stabilization, a new coating to cut down on flare, a closer close-focus distance and better optical performance according to Canon.
The new model also does away with the older model’s push-pull design, instead using a rotating zoom ring.
- 21 elements in six groups, including one fluorite crystal and one ultra-low dispersion glass element
- Close-focus distance iof 3.2 feet
- 3.7 inches in diameter by 7.6 inches long
- Weighs 3.62 lbs, including a removable tripod mount
- Weather sealed
The lens is due to ship in December for $2,199.