Nikon has announced the latest version of its 18-35mm lens for the full-frame format, the AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED. It has been developed to provide a superior optical performance with the company’s latest range of high-resolution FX format D-SLR cameras, such as the D4, D800/D800E, and D600.
Available in early March for $749.95
- FX-format compatible, 1.9x ultra-wide-angle zoom lens covering a focal-length range from 18 to 35 mm
- Compact and light design with a weight of 13.6 oz. for superior mobility
- Optical system incorporating aspherical lens and ED glass elements is optimized for ultra-high-pixel-count D-SLRs
- Seven-blade iris diaphragm creates beautiful intentionally blurred images, while superior aberration correction reduces axial chromatic aberration and astigmatism
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) realizes quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes are available – M/A (autofocus with manual override, manual priority) and M (manual focus)