Leica today announced a number of new products, including the Leica M9-P ‘Edition Hermès’, the Leica M Monochrom, the X2, the V-Lux 40, the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f2 ASPH lens, the S-Adapter H, and five new central shutter S lenses.
Following the Leica MP and the Leica M7, this is the third in a line of premium special editions of the M-System to be created in collaboration with the well-known Parisian house Hermès. The Leica M9-P ‘Edition Hermès’ is being offered as a strictly limited edition. The limited numbers, unique product design and premium finishing with numerous extras make this a truly special edition in every respect.
The Leica M Monochrom main features :
- 18MP monochrome CCD sensor
- 100% sharper imaging due to direct processing of raw data with no image interpolation
- Low, fine-grain image noise up to ISO 10,000
- RAW data histogram and parameter clipping warning
- Top cover and bottom plate in black chrome finish
- New leatherette body covering
- Free copy of Silver Efex 2
The Leica X2 main features :
- Newly developed 16.1 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Fixed Elmarit 24mm f2.8 ASPH (35mm equivalent on a full frame sensor)
- A connector for an electronic viewfinder
- Free copy of Adobe Lightroom 4
The Leica V-Lux 40 main features :
- A 14MP CMOS sensor
- 20X, 24-480mm equivalent zoom range
- Built in GPS
- The highest-res screen in the Leica range – a 460k dot 3.0″ LCD
- Includes Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Premier Elements 10
The Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f2 ASPH lens is a new milestone in the history of optical design that achieves previously unattainable values in all technical performance characteristics. For instance, there is practically no fall-off at the edges – even at full aperture – in the MTF curves for image sharpness. Even the finest details are rendered with more than 50% contrast – a previously unheard of value that confirms the exceptional properties of this lens.
Leica Camera AG presents a new accessory for the Leica S professional camera system: the Leica S-Adapter H. This adapter allows the portfolio of Hasselblad H- system lenses to be mounted onto a Leica S2 camera body with all lens functions, such as autofocus, central shutter control and automatic diaphragm, retained. The smart electronics of the adapter facilitate the complete integration of the lenses into the Leica S-System.
And finally, Leica Camera AG is expanding the product range for the Leica S professional camera system with five new central shutter lenses, available from October 2012. The new models are the Leica Elmarit-S 30 mm f/2.8 ASPH. and Leica Summarit-S 35 mm f/2.5 ASPH. wide-angle lenses, the Leica Summarit-S 70 mm f/2.5 ASPH. standard lens, the Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120 mm f/2.5 tele-macro lens and the Leica APO-Tele-Elmar-S 180 mm f/3.5 telephoto lens, all of which will also be available in a CS version with a central shutter. Designed and constructed exclusively by Leica, the central shutter available for all S lenses is not only especially compact and efficient, but also has a guaranteed service life of at least 100,000 shutter cycles, making it extremely reliable.