Nikon has announced the new Nikon 1 J2. It has a few minor tweaks from the J1, including a Creative Mode, a new LCD screen, and a metallic body finish in new deep red and orange colors in addition to the white, black, silver, and pink models offered in the J1.
The camera will be available in September 2012, with a price tag of $550.
Nikon J2 Key Features & Specs:
- 10.1 megapixel High-Speed AF CX-format CMOS sensor
- Expeed 3 image processing
- 1080p full HD video with 30/60/400 and 1200 FPS options and built-in stereo sound
- Super-quick hybrid auto focus (phase detect + contrast detect)
- 3-inch 921k-dot LCD display
- ISO 100-3200 expandable to ISO 6400 (Hi-1)
- Pop-up flash
- 10 FPS continuous AF burst and 60 FPS with focus locked
- JPEG, NEF RAW, NEF RAW + JPEG
- Simultaneous still and video capture
- Motion Snapshot mode
Also announced is the new Nikkor 11-27.5mm lens – a small and light 2.5x zoom with a 30-74mm 35mm equivalent focal range.It comes in both black and white, and will arrive in stores in late September 2012 for the price of $190.
There’s also a new WP-N1 waterproof case for the J1 and J2. It’ll also launch in September, and will cost $750.