Sony has announced several lens firmware updates for the following cameras and lenses.
Note: ILCE-6300 and ILCE-73M2 do not requre an upate.
What’s needed for Firmware Installation
1. 1.1x USB cable (micro)
2. Charged battery in the camera (80% or above is recommended.
3. PC with USB port.
4. The update takes about 15 minutes per camera for the firmware update.
Where to find Firmware Updates
1. Firmware updates are can be found here: https://esupport.sony.com/US
2. On the top left side of the page, click on Product Categories.
3. From the menu, click “Cameras, Photo & Video” and then click on “Alpha DSLR and NEX Cameras”.
4. A new web page will appear, “Alpha DSLR & NEX Product Support”. On the right side of this page, you will see a column that says “Get Model Specific Support”. Under #1, select type of support “Drivers & Software”. From there, use the drop down menu “Cameras- Alpha NEX & DSLR” select “ILCE” and select your model number.
5. Select your computer’s Operating System.
6. Click on “Firmware” listed at the lower part of the page.
7. Click download: Save it to a location on your computer where you will be able to find it again.
Firmware Installation Instructions
1. Make sure the camera has a charged battery.
2. Change the USB connection to “mass storage”.
4. Plug the USB into the camera and connect to the PC.
5. Run the firmware.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions. Never turn off the camera and the USB while updating. Also, do not let your computer go to sleep while updating your camera. This will brick your camera. Do not step away from your computer at this time. If necessary change your screen saver settings before all updates so it will not sleep.
7. Confirm with the Firmware that installation was successful. Menu->, Step up ->, Version should be 3.10 as shown below.