Sekonic Corporation, the leader in design and engineering of Professional Photographic and Filmmaking Light Meters, announced their latest advancement in metering, the NEW Sekonic SPEEDMASTER L-858D. With it’s 2.7” color touch screen and truly innovative and sophisticated features, the L-858D leads the way to the next generation of light measurement control.
Sekonic has combined over 60 years of experience in the image-making world with cutting edge technology to create the SPEEDMASTER L-858D. The meter has undergone a significant design change and was built with a comprehensive feature set sure to meet and exceed the demands of today’s image-makers.
A pioneer in the space, the L-858D now offers flash duration measurement, providing critical flash data needed to calculate proper ambient-flash exposure. Also, as it’s name implies, the SPEEDMASTER L-858D has the capability to measure the brief flash bursts of High Speed Sync (HSS) for precision flash exposure control, making it an essential tool for photographers utilizing this game-changing technology.
The L-858D builds off the popular L-478D series features and function sets that enable photographers to break through the boundaries of ISO sensitivity, flash and ambient shutter speeds, as well as frame rates (f/s) and shutter angles for cinematographers.
Filmmakers and landscape photographers will appreciate the L-858D’s increased sensitivity for both incident and reflected-spot measurements giving them the ability to obtain extreme low light level readings. The L-858D also offers optional wireless triggering modules for Elinchrom® and Phottix® in addition to PocketWizard® brand radio triggering devices, giving photographers utilizing strobes ultimate control over their lighting workflow.
• Flash Duration Measurements
• HSS Flash Measurements
• Optional Radio Transmitter now for Elinchrom® and Phottix® in addition to PocketWizard®
• Exposure Profiling
• Other Key Features:
- 2.7” Color dot-matrix touch screen
- Extended ISO Range ISO 3 to ISO 13,107,200 + ISO 850
- Expanded Shutter Speed Range 30m – 1/16,000s for flash light
- Expanded Shutter Speed Range 30m – 1/64,000s for ambient light
- Full HD Cine & CINE mode: 1 to 1000 f/s and 1 to 358° shutter angle
- Connectivity with MAC/PC DTS software for firmware upgrades, custom settings and exposure profiling