1. Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into your camera.
2. Download the new firmware file to your computer.
3. Prepare the installation SD card.
(a) Ensure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
(b) Format the card when it is in the camera before continuing with the installation process.
4. Copy the firmware file to the root directory of a SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into the camera and switch it on.
6. Before installing a new firmware, please backup user profiles. The installation will override personal settings and customizations stored inside the camera.
a. Go to MENU / SETUP / USER PROFILES
b. Choose ‘Export Profiles’ and confirm to start the process.
c. The camera will confirm the action with the screen ‘Export Successful’.
7. Go to MENU / SETUP / Camera Information / Firmware.
8. Press ‘Start Update’ and confirm to start the process.
a. The camera will guide you through the backup process of your current settings.
b. Please confirm to save your current settings to SD card before proceeding with the update.
c. Wait until the update installation is completed.
d. Restart the camera, do not eject the SD card.
e. Reconfirm to load your last settings from SD card during the first startup.
9. The update process is completed.
While updating the firmware:
DO NOT do the following:
1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove the SD card.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Remove the lens.