Developing A Vision:
Join Camera West Walnut Creek for a special workshop with Jason Bradley, author of the new book Creative Workflow in Lightroom, published by Focal Press. This is a full day event on Saturday, October 29th, from 9:30AM to 4:00PM. The cost of the event is $149, and spaces are limited, so call the Camera West Walnut Creek at (925) 935-1424 to speak with a staff member to reserve your spot today.
The Creative Foundation: Managing your body work with the Library Module
Managing your work: Importing your archive, organizing your files, backing up and protecting your work, editing, and keyboarding. Creating collections is often viewed as a challenging part of Lightroom and modern digital photography. Jason will help you create a streamlined workflow that will help you understand and master all of these important pieces to organizing your Library. Bring your computers for this one, there will be walkthroughs. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us (925) 935-1424 .
Tamron and Adobe are collaborating on a fantastic deal for customers. On selected lenses, customers will receive a 20% discount off Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan. This deal includes Lightroom and Photoshop!
Qualifying lenses include:
- SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F016)
- SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F012)
- SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F013)
- SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012)
- SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007)
- SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)
- SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A011)
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO1:1 VC USD (Model F004)
- SP 90mm F/2.8 Di MACRO1:1 VC USD (Model F017)
Adobe is developing a migration tool to bring your photos into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom from Aperture, but if you’re eager to switch before the tool is ready, this guide helps ease your transition.
Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. This update provides additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
New Features in Lightroom 5.2 :
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment