Leica Camera is proud to introduce the Leica Sofort, a camera that makes memories tangible on the spot. Right now. The images are truly one-of-a-kind and can never be duplicated. As part of the Leica family, the Sofort has a unique design and a sophistication that sets it apart from other instant cameras. The Sofort brings a mature, thoughtful quality to the fun instant film photography world. Available in three colors – mint, white and orange, the Leica Sofort injects fun into photography. It allows the photographer to be creative with instantly made, tangible results. The Sofort will come in white, orange, and mint. It is slated to be shipped in November.
Camera West Walnut Creek had the fortunate opportunity to have a sneak-peak of the Leica Noctivid this past week. The Noctivid offers compact and stylish optics with state-of-the-art technologies like Schott HT high transmission glass for Ultravid HD-Plus optics for maximum transmission and natural colors.
We are now taking pre-orders. For more information stop by, or give us a call at the Walnut Creek store, 925-935-1424 or Rancho Mirage (760) 992-5422.
Leica Camera is pleased to inform you that new firmware updates for the Leica S System are available:
- Leica S (Typ 007) camera firmware 184.108.40.206
- Leica S / S-E (Typ 006) camera firmware 2.5.0
- Leica S lens firmware file for Leica S2/S2-P
- Optimized User Information – Newly designed INFO screen on camera’s rear display
- Seamless Workflow: Rating Function available in PLAY mode which is supported by Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and Bridge CC. Rating function replaces the Protect Function.
- Zoom Position Lock – In PLAY mode, the last zoom position is now saved automatically.
- When you reenter PLAY mode and call up 100% zoom (by a long press of the rear click dial), the last zoom position will be used . This allows for a quick and easy focus check of the relevant part of the image.
- Better Control/Easy Operation – The depth of field information on camera’s top display is now available in meters (m) and feet (ft) and can be deactivated.
- Viewfinder information display now shows real-time buffer information with a half-press of the shutter button.
- “PC” icon is shown on the camera’s top display when it is connected to the computer via USB 3.0 super speed cable.
- “Remaining Recording Time” is shown on camera’s top display when the camera is in Video LiveView and Video Recording mode.
- Mirror Up Icon is displayed on the camera’s rear display while mirror up function is in use.
Firmware 220.127.116.11 fixes the following bugs:
- A pixel phenomenon which could appear when using exposure times between 2s and 8s under some circumstances has been fixed.
- The camera system time which was incorrect when using Auto GPS time under some circumstances has been fixed.
- Communication between camera and lens is improved when using the Leica S-Adapter H (lens adapter for Hasselblad H lenses)
Leica is pleased to offer consumers purchasing the award-winning Ultravid HD-Plus or Trinovid HD full size binoculars the added value of a pair of rugged Kenetrek Bridger Ridge High hiking boots at no charge. Offered in both men’s and woman’s styles, these boots are valued at up to $160 and will provide the comfort and support to carry the new Leica binoculars to amazing views anywhere you choose to roam. Effective August 15, 2016 through November 15, 2016
The links provided below provide additional product information for:
Leica Ultravid HD-Plus Binoculars – https://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-
Leica Trinovid HD Binoculars – https://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-
Kenetrek Bridger Ridge Boots – http://www.kenetrek.com/Kenetrek-
Leica has announced that firmware update 2.1, along with Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 and the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 for the Leica SL are now available to download. The Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 software improves workflow efficiency for tethered shooting with the Leica SL, and allows the camera to be controlled from a computer via USB. Additionally, the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 establishes a direct connection between the Leica SL and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC via USB cable. The shutter release can be activated from the plug-in and the images captured can be displayed immediately in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC. Firmware Version 2.1 is required to take advantage of these software updates. Registered Leica SL owners can opt to download the new firmware and software from the Leica Owner’s Area or swing by Camera West for help in person.
Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 software increases workflow efficiency for tethered shooting with the Leica SL, and allows the camera to be controlled from a computer via a USB 3.0 cable connection. All relevant exposure parameters such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO value and autofocus can be set and controlled from the computer, and exposures can be displayed directly on a large monitor screen for assessment.
The corresponding firmware update, version 2.1, must be installed in the camera to enable the use of the Image Shuttle software and the Tethered Plug-in.
Another addition to the system portfolio – the Leica R-Adapter L – expands the range of lenses that can be used on the Leica SL. This adapter allows owners to benefit from the exceptional imaging performance and quality of Leica R-System lenses, in combination with the latest camera technology. The Leica R-Adapter L is also now available for pre-order.