Leica Camera is pleased to inform you that new firmware, version 2.0 is available for the Leica Q. The new firmware includes new features and further improvements. The firmware is available for downloading by registered customers in the Leica Owners Area.
- Firmware 2.0 boasts the following updated and new features:
- DNG is now available as a separate mode.
- EVF extended mode is available and allows the user to switch to the monitor image for menu control and image review immediately by pressing the Menu or Play button.
- The low shutter speed range has been extended, now capable of up to 120s.
- The user Profile menu item is directly accessible with the FN button. It makes it easy to access any specific mode stored in the user profiles.
- The level gauge display remains visible when the Shutter is pressed.
- By pressing the delete button in 1 Point AF mode, the size of the AF field can be changed selected by using the thumbwheel. There are three selectable sizes: small, standard, large. When using the focal lengths 35 mm and 50 mm in Digital Zoom mode, the 1 Point AF field movement is limited to within the frames of the crop lines.
- The Face Detection AF mode function is improved. The camera switches automatically to Multipoint AF if no face can be detected.
- An additional information display screen has been added, with the option to display the lower bar separately.
- The image playback touch-zoom function has changed.
- Double-tapping calls up the maximum enlargement / reduces back to original size.
- Long exposure / noise reduction countdown added.
- Three modes, Off/Auto/Exp. Comp. available for the thumbwheel.
- Mode Lock for the video button is now available, giving the user the option to deactivate the video recording button.
- WiFi password setting is changed and all characters entered for the password remain visible during the process.
- Leica flash units SF 40 and SF 64 are now supported.
How to update the Leica Q Firmware:
- It is important to have the battery fully charged when updating the firmware.
- Download the new firmware file to your computer.
- Format an SD card which has at least 60 MB of free space inside the camera.
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the camera and switch it on while pressing the movie button.
- Press ‘YES’ to start the update process.
- Once the update is complete, restart the camera.
- Update process is completed. After the update, all previous user profile settings will be deleted. All user profile settings must be reentered.
- During the firmware update, do NOT do the following: Turn off the camera. Remove the battery or remove the memory card Failure to follow these instructions could damage your camera!
Leica Camera expands its lens portfolio with the introduction of the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH, silver anodized finish. The APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH is an ultra high-performance lens, considered to be the reference lens among standard focal lengths, with exceptional imaging performance and sharpness that captures and resolves amazingly fine details.
The combination of its groundbreaking design, choice of materials and elaborate manufacturing make the Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH a popular lens among customers demanding the highest levels of image quality Leica is known for.
The technical features of this lens are identical to the black version which was introduced in May 2012. The Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 mm f/2 ASPH, silver anodized finish will be available for pre-orders now. If you are interested in pre-ordering, please stop by or call Camera West Walnut Creek at 925-935-1424 or Rancho Mirage at 760-992-5422.
Leica Camera is pleased to offer a digital M promotional bundle. The bundle consists of a Leica M (Typ 262), 50/f2.4 black anodized finish, SF40 black and a systems case, size M, nylon black. All products are individually packaged. This bundle instantly saves you almost $2,000, if the products were purchased separately.
This promotion runs from June 28 through September 30, 2016.This promotion is only valid in the USA and Canada for products imported by Leica Camera Inc. Leica Camera Inc. reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this promotion. To place your order stop by or call our Walnut Creek store at 925-935-1424 or Rancho Mirage 760-992-5422.
Leica Image Shuttle 3.3 is a new workflow software for your Leica. Leica Image Shuttle is a software package that allows you to control your Leica S or Leica M camera remotely and release the shutter via a USB cable connected to your computer. The images captured are transferred to your computer by USB cable and can be saved to a hard drive. To access Leica Image Shuttle 3.3 log into the owner’s area of the website: https://owners.leica-camera.com/en/login
Another perk is the tethered Plug-in provides a direct link from your Leica S or Leica M to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC via a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed cable. This solution allows shutter release from the plug-in and immediate display of the images captured in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC, enabling a fast and stable tethered workflow. Download now from the Leica Owners’ Area.
Recently, Leica introduced two new adapters to expand the functionality of their SL camera system. With this most recent audio and optical expansion, Video and studio shooters now have even more reason to consider the SL system.
The new S to T adapter enables the use of S System lenses on the SL body, allowing for a range of autofocus prime lenses to be used. Not only does the S line include some of the finest optics in the world, but several of the lenses feature a leaf shutter. Anyone experienced with the use of off camera flash will immediately recognize the importance of a nice high shutter sync speed in overcoming ambient light, which leaf shutters enable. The combination of a leaf shutter and amazing optics turns the SL into an incredible tool for balancing ambient light with flash.
For the video crowd, a combination microphone/headphone adapter is also available. This all-in-one adapter provides a microphone and headphone jack, eliminating the need for an external audio recorder or reliance on built-in microphones and enabling close monitoring of audio levels.
For more information or to place an order, please call into our Walnut Creek location.