Leica Camera is pleased to inform you that new firmware updates for the Leica S System are available:
- Leica S (Typ 007) camera firmware 126.96.36.199
- Leica S / S-E (Typ 006) camera firmware 2.5.0
- Leica S lens firmware file for Leica S2/S2-P
- Optimized User Information – Newly designed INFO screen on camera’s rear display
- Seamless Workflow: Rating Function available in PLAY mode which is supported by Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and Bridge CC. Rating function replaces the Protect Function.
- Zoom Position Lock – In PLAY mode, the last zoom position is now saved automatically.
- When you reenter PLAY mode and call up 100% zoom (by a long press of the rear click dial), the last zoom position will be used . This allows for a quick and easy focus check of the relevant part of the image.
- Better Control/Easy Operation – The depth of field information on camera’s top display is now available in meters (m) and feet (ft) and can be deactivated.
- Viewfinder information display now shows real-time buffer information with a half-press of the shutter button.
- “PC” icon is shown on the camera’s top display when it is connected to the computer via USB 3.0 super speed cable.
- “Remaining Recording Time” is shown on camera’s top display when the camera is in Video LiveView and Video Recording mode.
- Mirror Up Icon is displayed on the camera’s rear display while mirror up function is in use.
Firmware 188.8.131.52 fixes the following bugs:
- A pixel phenomenon which could appear when using exposure times between 2s and 8s under some circumstances has been fixed.
- The camera system time which was incorrect when using Auto GPS time under some circumstances has been fixed.
- Communication between camera and lens is improved when using the Leica S-Adapter H (lens adapter for Hasselblad H lenses)