Stop by Camera West Walnut Creek on Friday, March 10, 2017, from 10:00a.m-2:00 p.m. for a hands-on experience with the Leica S and SL! Our Leica Rep will be on site to answer any questions.
Leica has released a new firmware for the Leica T (Typ 701) version 1.6. The download is available from this link: Leica T (Typ 701) Firmware Some improvements are faster autofocus and compatibility with the Android Leica TL app, and more
Firmware Update Procedure
- Download an updated version of the firmware and double click on the ZIP-file to unpack it.
- Copy the firmware file onto a SD Memory Card in its top level folder.
- Make sure to turn off the power switch on the camera.
- Insert the fully charged battery to the body. If the battery is not fully charged, the update process screen will not appear.
- Insert the SD Memory Card into the camera.
- Turn the camera – while simultaneously pressing the video release button – on.
- The firmware update screen will appear. Press OK.
- The LEICA T will start the update process. The firmware update will take about 90 seconds.
- After the update process please restart the camera.
Please do not turn off your camera, or do not remove the SD Memory Card, do not remove the lens while updating your camera’s firmware. Doing so can cause serious damage to your camera.
Now in stock at our Walnut Creek location, a rare Leica 280mm f2.8 APO Telyt R lens shown on the Leica SL with the R-L adapter. Priced at $2,095 which includes a Leica APO 1.4x Extender-R especially made for this lens and the original Leica metal case.
Stop by or give us a call at (925) 935-1424 for more information.
- Improved support for Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 for MAC / Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tethered
- Plug-In 1.1.0 (for MAC).
- Added Support for Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 for Windows.
- Changed exposure limitation in combination with 6-bit coded M-lenses.
- The bug fixes: Missing data in EXIF in combination with lens adapters.
- Minor bug fixes.
This program is now extended until November 30!
Celebrating a decade of digital M photography and Trade-up to a new M camera*
Leica Camera celebrates a decade of digital M photography with a trade up program to a new M camera* from today, June 17 2016, through September 30, 2015. Additionally, the customer will receive $750 from Leica Camera Inc. after the new camera is registered with Leica Camera Inc. Leica cameras are built on more than a century of continuous innovation and evolution. The M system looks back on 62 years of experience. An icon, that has captured many of the world’s most memorable images, documenting history and inspiring generations of visual storytellers. It is fitting that this milestone is marked with a customer promotion for M cameras*.
With the trade up program, customers can trade up from any camera at Camera West to a new Leica M camera* except the Leica M (Typ 262) and Leica M-D (Typ 262).
How the trade-in program works:
1. Customer brings his or her camera to Leica Store, boutique or dealer for trade up.
2. The dealer will determine the value of the trade-in camera. This value would be put towards the cost of the new M camera*.
3. A dealer’s sales invoice must show the following: SP of the M camera, an itemized line of the trade-in credit amount and serial number of the new M camera*. Additionally, the sales invoice must show the customer’s name, address, and telephone number.
4. The trade-in credit amount cannot be stated as a discount on the sales invoice.
5. Customer submits the attached form, copy of sales invoice and warranty card to Leica Camera Inc.
6. Once registration is complete, the customer will receive a check for US $750. All registrations and check requests will take eight weeks to process and will be mailed to addresses in Canada and USA.
This promotion is only valid for M cameras* imported by Leica Camera Inc. and it reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this promotion. This promotion is only valid in Canada and USA.
* All Leica M cameras excluding the Leica M (Typ 262) & Leica M-D (Typ 262).
For any questions please stop by Camera West or give us a call.