Fujifilm has made available a new firmware update for the popular X-E2. Ver.2.00 offers an enhanced EVF including shortened display lag-time, selectable colors for outlines for th focus peak highlight and added new functions that can be assigned to the Fn (Function) button.
Fujifilm has released today the much-anticipated X100/X100s teleconverter along with a few other handy accessories for the popular X-T1.
The TCL-X100, is a 1.4x teleconverter that will extend the focal length of your X100 or X100s to 33mm (50mm equivalent), and along with the WCL-X100 wide-angle converter, gives you the ability to shoot at 28mm, 35mm or 50mm.
In addition to the teleconverter, Fuji also announced a set of accessories for the X-T1, including two new grips — the MHG-XT Small and Large, a grip strap that lets you hold the X-T1 securely with one hand, and an extended eyecup
All of the accessories, including the teleconverter, have been slated for a May release with prices TBA. For more info :
Fujifilm USA has issued a service advisory for owners of the X-T1 who are experiencing light leaks and flare issues.
Fuji USA says the light leak and flare issue occurs on a “limited number of early production X-T1 cameras” with serial numbers below 41A05201 (serial numbers 41A05201 and higher are not affected). Fujifilm is asking anyone concerned about their camera to contact a Fujifilm Repair Center at 1-800-659-3854 (ext. 3461) to get their camera looked at and, if needed, repaired free of charge.
Fujifilm has announced firmware updates for five cameras and a three lenses, bringing extra lens compatibility to the cameras, and improved optical image stabilization to the lenses, among other features.
The five cameras that have new firmware are the X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2, X-M1, and X-A1. The update provides them with compatibility with the Fujifilm XF 56mm f/1.2 lens:
- Addition of compatibility with XF56mmF1.2R.
- Improvement of AE accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R
- Improvement of AF accuracy with XF56mmF1.2R (only for X-E2)
As for the lenses, people who shoot with the XC16-50mm, XF18-55mm, and XF55-200mm will see:
- Improvement of OIS function for movie shooting when panning and tilting a camera.
- Improvement of OIS function for still image shooting.
- Fixed a bug where the maximum aperture always displays F5.6. (only for XC16-50mm. )
- Improvement of AF response during continuous shooting with X-E2 and X-T1. (for XF18-55mm and XF55-200mm)
The new mirrorless camera uses the same 16.3-megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II as their X-E2 and X100S cameras. In addition, the X-T1 has a die-cast weather-sealed aluminum body, a huge electronic viewfinder, and super-fast auto focus with continuous burst shooting up to 8 frames per second.
Fujifilm X-T1 Key Features and Specs:
- 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology
- 1920 x 1080 60p full HD video
- 3-inch 1.04-million-dot tilting LCD display
- Sensitivity: ISO 200 to 6400, expandable to ISO 100 and 25,600
- 8 FPS burst in continuous AF mode (JPEG)
- 75 points of weather sealing
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in intervalometer
- Compatible with super-fast SDXC UHS-II memory cards