1) Prepare the necessities for the firmware update.
- A camera to be updated
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- A formatted memory card
- The firmware(to be downloaded from this site.)
2) Firmware version checking procedure
- 1. Turn off the camera and put the card in it.
- 2. Turn the camera on pressing “DISP/BACK” button to check the current firmware version.(It is ver.1.00 in the picture below.)
3) Prepare the formatted memory card.
A formatted memory card is required for the firmware update. If the card is formatted, all the files including protected files in the card will be erased. If you need the files, copy them to a PC etc. before formatting the card.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press “MENU/OK” button and select “FORMAT” in the SET-UP menu.
- Press the selector button(up) to select “OK” and press the “MENU/OK” button.Then, the format will start.
- Turn the camera off after the format is completed.
4) Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the formatted memory card to a card reader slot of your PC / Mac.
- Download the firmware “FWUP00##.DAT” for the camera.
- “##(figures)” in the “FWUP00##.DAT” varies depending on models. The file name is “FPUPDATE.DAT” in case of X-Pro1.
- Click “I Agree-Begin Download” after you have read “License Agreement” to proceed to the download page.
- Check if there is no file with the same name in a destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, a browser can automatically change the name of the firmware and a camera cannot recognize the firmware correctly.
- If you don’t know the steps to save the firmware, refer to the steps below.
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Windows OS
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Mac OS
- Copy the downloaded file to the card.
- Take the card from the card reader slot after the copy is completed and put into the camera.
5) Put the card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
FujiFilm has announced a new camera to their line up the X-T2 and the EF-X500 flash.
The FUJIFILM X-T2 is the ultimate mirrorless digital camera. The X-T2 is a splash-resistant premium interchangeable lens camera with a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF). The X-T2 houses the latest generation 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III with an APS-C sensor with no low-pass filter, boasting the highest performance in the history of X Series. The new X-T2 produces crisp image resolution comparable to that of cameras equipped with larger sensors and higher pixel counts, all in a more compact and classically-designed body.
And for the first time, the new FUJIFILM X-T2 now supports 4K video recording that can use each available Film Simulation mode, including ACROS, to easily produce premium-quality footage that is as unique as the photographer behind the viewfinder.
FujiFilm X-T2 and XF10-24mm f/4 R OIS by Bryan Minear
Some key features of the X-T2
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III Sensor
- Dust and moisture-resistant body with approximately 63 points of weather sealing; Freeze resistance to 14°F
- X-Processor Pro
- Fast AF of 0.06 seconds
- Startup time of 0.3 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.045 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.17 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second (fps)
- Up to 11fps using Booster GripHigh-precision 0.48-inch, 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models)
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment function
- EVF refreshes at a rate of 60fps, or as high as 100fps in the Boost mode
- Continuous shooting of 5fps in Live View
- Full 4K 3840×2160 30P/25P/24P shooting (Using a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher)
- Continuous recording: up to approximately 10 minutes
- Full HD 1920×1080 60P/50P/30P/25P/24P, Continuous recording: up to approximately 15 minutesHD 1280×720 60P/50P/30P/25P/24P, Continuous recording: up to approximately 29 minutes.
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical
- Wi-Fi and remote camera operation
- ISO 200-6400,extended ISO 100, 12800, available) with High ISO 51200 setting
The new high-end multi-function external FUJIFILM EF-X500 Flash is now official for the lineup of accessories for the X Series of digital cameras. The EF-X500 is a hot-shoe mount flash with a maximum guide number of approximately 50, and includes support for the FP mode (high-speed flash sync) so that the flash can be fired at any shutter speed.
Photographers can now concentrate on shooting when a faster shutter speed is required, for example, in order to use a near-maximum aperture to produce beautiful bokeh.
The EF-X500 also supports multi-flash lighting. Users can set up multiple flashes to freely control light on a subject and background for a creative result. Through-the-lens (TTL) lighting control is available with single flash and also in the multi-flash setup, so that users can start shooting without having to make cumbersome adjustments to light output.
EF-X500 Flash Key Features:
- Maximum guide number of approximately 50 (ISO100・m) / 164 (ISO100•ft)
- Zooming the illumination angle for the focal lengths of 24mm – 105mm, and covering the illumination angle of approximately 20mm when the wide panel is used
- Flash head that can be tilted up by 90° degrees, down by 10° degrees, to the left by 135° degrees and to the right by 180° degrees for bouncing light.
We are now accepting pre-orders for the X-T2 and EF-X500. To place your order stop by or call our Walnut Creek store at 925-935-1424 or Rancho Mirage 760-992-5422.
The new FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR will be added to the premium X-Series mirrorless camera lens line-up in November 2015. The XF35mmF2 R WR offers a maximum aperture of F2.0, giving users a superior prime lens that delivers sharp images with rich bokeh. Boasting eight seals, this XF35mmF2 R WR lens is weather and dust-resistant and suited for operation down to 14°F. The XF35mmF2 R WR achieves the perfect balance of high image quality, compact size, and speed as fast as 0.08 seconds. Powerful performance paired with a quiet, accurate inner focus system – a joy for all stealthy photographers.
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 8 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation in weather as low as 14°F
- Inner focus system with 0.08 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 9 elements in 6 groups, including 2 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating reduces ghosting and flare
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 13 inches
The FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR is a high-performance teleconverter capable of multiplying the focal length of the FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x, (70-200mm equivalent). The teleconverter features excellent optical design while maintaining the optical performance of the original lens. Its weather- and dust-resistant construction makes it possible to be used with confidence outdoors when paired with select weather- and dust-resistant X-Series lenses and bodies.
- Multiplies focal length of FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR by 1.4x
- Weather-resistant design for weather- and dust-resistance and operation in conditions as low as 14°F
- Uses 7 elements in 3 groups
- Does not affect lens AF speed
- Camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length when the teleconverter is mounted.
We are pleased to announce the introduction of the new instax® mini 70 camera in three exciting and fun colors – Canary Yellow, Moon White and Island Blue. This mini format instant print film camera joins the expanding line-up of instax® products.
Available mid-November for $149.99.
Features and Specs :
- Produces an image size of 2.4” x 3.9”.
- Works with FUJIFILM instax® Mini Film only – ISO800
- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f=60mm, 1:12.7
- Built-in automatic electronic flash
- Real image finder, 0.37x with target spot
- Film pack confirmation window indicating exposure count
- Includes 2 CR2 batteries, Camera strap and User’s Guide
- Selfie mode and equipped with a mirror for taking self-portraits (selfies)
- Automatic Exposure Mode for automatic light adjustments in any shooting condition
- Hi-Key Mode for capturing brighter skin tones, Macro and Landscape Modes
- Tripod mount (tripod(s) sold separately)
- 1 year limited warranty
Thank you to Fujifilm representatives Louis Navarro (left) and Barney Tong for bringing the latest mirrorless cameras from FujfFilm for customers to try out.
Fujifilm representative Barney Tong
Camera West Walnut Creek held an all day Fujifilm X-Day, to give customers a hands-on demonstration of the exceptional X system.
On display were Fujifilm's colorful Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Cameras in raspberry, yellow, blue, pink, black and white.