Nikon released a firmware update for the Nikon 1 V3 mirrorless camera with support for the Camera Control Pro 2 v2.22.0 software. This new firmware allows the following operations to be performed:
- The settings for connected cameras can be adjusted from Camera Control Pro 2.
- The Camera Control Pro 2 live view window can now be used for still photography and movie recording as well as to select the AF-area and adjust camera settings.
- Camera Control Pro 2 now supports best moment capture.
Canon has released a firmware update for their 7D Mark II. Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s AF function may not operate properly at a focal length of approximately 100mm when used with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare instances, the reduction of the flicker effect cannot be achieved when in AI servo AF mode, despite the “Anti-flicker shoot” function being set to “Enable”.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Picture Style settings may not be applied to the captured image when the camera is set to custom shooting mode C1, C2 or C3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the first still image captured in live view mode may not record the correct date and time.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, image noise may appear in JPEG images when brightness or contrast is corrected by the Auto Lighting Optimizer function.
Leica has released a new firmware for the Leica T (Typ 701). Firmware Version 1.310 fixes the following bugs:
- Lens error with specific SD cards WLAN connection error (in case the SSID is too long)
- Image number reset after FW-Update or camera reset
- Unnecessary icons shown in EVF live view image while using M-adapter T
Leica Camera has released firmware updates for all digital M rangefinders with added support for the new Summarit-M lenses that were announced at Photokina.
- Leica M8 firmware update v2.024
- Leica M9, M9-P and M-E firmware update v1.202
- Leica M Monochrom firmware update v1.008
- Leica M and M-P firmware update v18.104.22.168
Firmware can be downloaded here : http://us.leica-camera.com/Service-Support/Support/Downloads?category=93710&subcategory=&type=108942&language=93871
Leica has released a firmware update for the X Vario (Typ 107). Update Version 1.1 offers the following :
- Direct exposure correction in “A” mode and “T” mode the Exposure Value compensation functionality is in direct access on the Thumb Dial.
- Info button:the info button confirms menu selections in the same way the menu/set button confirms them. It also starts the playback function in video playback mode
- Flash button: the flash button is now only activated when either the internal flash is opened-up or an external Leica flash is attached
- Audio Volume: in video playback mode the volume is adjustable via the top and bottom button on back rocker switch
- Auto ISO : selection of shutter speed times is broadened up to the range of 1s to 1/1000s. If Auto ISO is selected it stays active in M mode also.