Nikon has released firmware updates for its D750 and D4S DSLRs, providing both with a new external recording control option for use with external recorders using Atomos Open Protocol. Also, the D750′s firmware version 1.10 introduces ‘optimal vibration reduction’ with vibration reduction lenses.
Additional firmware updates for both cameras relate to bug fixes in movie live view, and the D750′s update addresses some minor problems with HDR mode and in-camera Raw processing among other things.
Sony has released a new firmware update for the A7R II. Version 2.00 offers a menu selectable feature for uncompressed 14-Bit RAW image capture and adds support to output video via HDMI while using the Remote Camera Control software (still mode only).
Windows : http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=ILCE7RM2&upd_id=10501&os_group_id=24
Mac : http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=ILCE7RM2&upd_id=10503&os_group_id=3
Nikon has released firmware updates for both the D5200 and D7100 cameras. Both new versions of the firmware reduce horizontal line noise in videos recorded at 1280×720/60p and 1280×720/50p. In addition, firmware v. 1.03 fixes an issue that causes the cameras to freeze when the ‘clean image sensor’ option is selected.
D5200 : http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/153.html
D7100 : http://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/154.html
Nikon released a firmware update for the Nikon 1 V3 mirrorless camera with support for the Camera Control Pro 2 v2.22.0 software. This new firmware allows the following operations to be performed:
- The settings for connected cameras can be adjusted from Camera Control Pro 2.
- The Camera Control Pro 2 live view window can now be used for still photography and movie recording as well as to select the AF-area and adjust camera settings.
- Camera Control Pro 2 now supports best moment capture.
Canon has released a firmware update for their 7D Mark II. Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s AF function may not operate properly at a focal length of approximately 100mm when used with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare instances, the reduction of the flicker effect cannot be achieved when in AI servo AF mode, despite the “Anti-flicker shoot” function being set to “Enable”.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Picture Style settings may not be applied to the captured image when the camera is set to custom shooting mode C1, C2 or C3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the first still image captured in live view mode may not record the correct date and time.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, image noise may appear in JPEG images when brightness or contrast is corrected by the Auto Lighting Optimizer function.