Leica has updated firmware for the Leica M/M-P Type 240, Leica M Typ 262, and Monochrom Typ 245. The new updates have major improvement and bug fixes.
To update the firmware of your camera, please following these instructions:
- Insert a fully charged battery into your M camera.
- Insert an SD memory card into your M camera that you can erase.
- Format the SD memory card in the camera (this will erase all photos and videos on the card!).
- Turn off the camera and remove the SD card.
- Insert the SD memory card into a card reader on your computer.
- Download the firmware for your camera model using the links above.
- Copy that firmware file (do not try to open it) onto the SD memory card. You don’t want to put it inside any of the folders on the card, but on the card’s “root directory.” You can drag the firmware file directly onto the SD card icon on your desktop.
- Eject the SD memory card properly from your computer.
- Insert the SD memory card into your camera (with the camera still turned off).
- Hold down the INFO button on the back of the camera, and then turn the camera on (while holding down the INFO button).
- The firmware update process will begin. It can take between 2-5 minutes. Do not touch any buttons on the camera or turn it off during this process.
- When the update is done, a message will indicate as such and you are ready to shoot!
- Below are the following direct firmware downloads from Leica’s site for each camera listed.
- Leica M/M-P Typ 240 firmware update: https://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/132114/1703638/version/3/file/M240_2030.FW
- Leica M Typ 262 firmware update: https://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/132071/1702981/version/4/file/M262_1006.FW
- Leica Monochrom Typ 245 firmware update: https://us.leica-camera.com/content/download/132037/1702693/version/3/file/M246_1010.FW