1) Prepare the necessities for the firmware update.
- A camera to be updated
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- A formatted memory card
- The firmware(to be downloaded from this site.)
2) Firmware version checking procedure
- 1. Turn off the camera and put the card in it.
- 2. Turn the camera on pressing “DISP/BACK” button to check the current firmware version.(It is ver.1.00 in the picture below.)
3) Prepare the formatted memory card.
A formatted memory card is required for the firmware update. If the card is formatted, all the files including protected files in the card will be erased. If you need the files, copy them to a PC etc. before formatting the card.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press “MENU/OK” button and select “FORMAT” in the SET-UP menu.
- Press the selector button(up) to select “OK” and press the “MENU/OK” button.Then, the format will start.
- Turn the camera off after the format is completed.
4) Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the formatted memory card to a card reader slot of your PC / Mac.
- Download the firmware “FWUP00##.DAT” for the camera.
- “##(figures)” in the “FWUP00##.DAT” varies depending on models. The file name is “FPUPDATE.DAT” in case of X-Pro1.
- Click “I Agree-Begin Download” after you have read “License Agreement” to proceed to the download page.
- Check if there is no file with the same name in a destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, a browser can automatically change the name of the firmware and a camera cannot recognize the firmware correctly.
- If you don’t know the steps to save the firmware, refer to the steps below.
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Windows OS
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Mac OS
- Copy the downloaded file to the card.
- Take the card from the card reader slot after the copy is completed and put into the camera.