Leica has released a new firmware for the Leica T (Typ 701) version 1.6. The download is available from this link: Leica T (Typ 701) Firmware Some improvements are faster autofocus and compatibility with the Android Leica TL app, and more
Firmware Update Procedure
- Download an updated version of the firmware and double click on the ZIP-file to unpack it.
- Copy the firmware file onto a SD Memory Card in its top level folder.
- Make sure to turn off the power switch on the camera.
- Insert the fully charged battery to the body. If the battery is not fully charged, the update process screen will not appear.
- Insert the SD Memory Card into the camera.
- Turn the camera – while simultaneously pressing the video release button – on.
- The firmware update screen will appear. Press OK.
- The LEICA T will start the update process. The firmware update will take about 90 seconds.
- After the update process please restart the camera.
Please do not turn off your camera, or do not remove the SD Memory Card, do not remove the lens while updating your camera’s firmware. Doing so can cause serious damage to your camera.
- Improved support for Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 for MAC / Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tethered
- Plug-In 1.1.0 (for MAC).
- Added Support for Leica Image Shuttle 3.5 for Windows.
- Changed exposure limitation in combination with 6-bit coded M-lenses.
- The bug fixes: Missing data in EXIF in combination with lens adapters.
- Minor bug fixes.
1) Prepare the necessities for the firmware update.
- A camera to be updated
- Make sure your battery is fully charged.
- A formatted memory card
- The firmware(to be downloaded from this site.)
2) Firmware version checking procedure
- 1. Turn off the camera and put the card in it.
- 2. Turn the camera on pressing “DISP/BACK” button to check the current firmware version.(It is ver.1.00 in the picture below.)
3) Prepare the formatted memory card.
A formatted memory card is required for the firmware update. If the card is formatted, all the files including protected files in the card will be erased. If you need the files, copy them to a PC etc. before formatting the card.
- Turn on the camera.
- Press “MENU/OK” button and select “FORMAT” in the SET-UP menu.
- Press the selector button(up) to select “OK” and press the “MENU/OK” button.Then, the format will start.
- Turn the camera off after the format is completed.
4) Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the formatted memory card to a card reader slot of your PC / Mac.
- Download the firmware “FWUP00##.DAT” for the camera.
- “##(figures)” in the “FWUP00##.DAT” varies depending on models. The file name is “FPUPDATE.DAT” in case of X-Pro1.
- Click “I Agree-Begin Download” after you have read “License Agreement” to proceed to the download page.
- Check if there is no file with the same name in a destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, a browser can automatically change the name of the firmware and a camera cannot recognize the firmware correctly.
- If you don’t know the steps to save the firmware, refer to the steps below.
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Windows OS
- Procedure for Firmware Download on Mac OS
- Copy the downloaded file to the card.
- Take the card from the card reader slot after the copy is completed and put into the camera.
Leica Camera is pleased to inform you that new firmware updates for the Leica S System are available:
- Leica S (Typ 007) camera firmware 126.96.36.199
- Leica S / S-E (Typ 006) camera firmware 2.5.0
- Leica S lens firmware file for Leica S2/S2-P
- Optimized User Information – Newly designed INFO screen on camera’s rear display
- Seamless Workflow: Rating Function available in PLAY mode which is supported by Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and Bridge CC. Rating function replaces the Protect Function.
- Zoom Position Lock – In PLAY mode, the last zoom position is now saved automatically.
- When you reenter PLAY mode and call up 100% zoom (by a long press of the rear click dial), the last zoom position will be used . This allows for a quick and easy focus check of the relevant part of the image.
- Better Control/Easy Operation – The depth of field information on camera’s top display is now available in meters (m) and feet (ft) and can be deactivated.
- Viewfinder information display now shows real-time buffer information with a half-press of the shutter button.
- “PC” icon is shown on the camera’s top display when it is connected to the computer via USB 3.0 super speed cable.
- “Remaining Recording Time” is shown on camera’s top display when the camera is in Video LiveView and Video Recording mode.
- Mirror Up Icon is displayed on the camera’s rear display while mirror up function is in use.
Firmware 188.8.131.52 fixes the following bugs:
- A pixel phenomenon which could appear when using exposure times between 2s and 8s under some circumstances has been fixed.
- The camera system time which was incorrect when using Auto GPS time under some circumstances has been fixed.
- Communication between camera and lens is improved when using the Leica S-Adapter H (lens adapter for Hasselblad H lenses)
Leica has announced that firmware update 2.1, along with Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 and the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 for the Leica SL are now available to download. The Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 software improves workflow efficiency for tethered shooting with the Leica SL, and allows the camera to be controlled from a computer via USB. Additionally, the Leica Tethered Plug-in 1.1.0 establishes a direct connection between the Leica SL and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC via USB cable. The shutter release can be activated from the plug-in and the images captured can be displayed immediately in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC. Firmware Version 2.1 is required to take advantage of these software updates. Registered Leica SL owners can opt to download the new firmware and software from the Leica Owner’s Area or swing by Camera West for help in person.
Leica Image Shuttle 3.4 software increases workflow efficiency for tethered shooting with the Leica SL, and allows the camera to be controlled from a computer via a USB 3.0 cable connection. All relevant exposure parameters such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO value and autofocus can be set and controlled from the computer, and exposures can be displayed directly on a large monitor screen for assessment.
The corresponding firmware update, version 2.1, must be installed in the camera to enable the use of the Image Shuttle software and the Tethered Plug-in.
Another addition to the system portfolio – the Leica R-Adapter L – expands the range of lenses that can be used on the Leica SL. This adapter allows owners to benefit from the exceptional imaging performance and quality of Leica R-System lenses, in combination with the latest camera technology. The Leica R-Adapter L is also now available for pre-order.