Lumaria Workshops presents a once and a lifetime opportunity to travel to Cuba with professional photographers, Christopher P. Baker, Bob Holmes, Andrea Johnson, and Tom Brichta.
This ten-day excursion will travel to Havana and Trinidad. Some highlights of the trip will include a visit to the Cuban National Ballet School, the Ernest Hemingway Museum, and more. The fantastic itinerary and more information about the workshop can be found here: http://lumariaworkshops.com/
Fine art photographer and director Mark de Paola presents an exclusive one day workshop at Camera West in Walnut Creek on Thursday, January 26th, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Focused on “Photography Wide Open”, this seven-hour, shooting intensive, workshop is designed for creative photographers interested in stretching their imagination and expanding the traditional definition of portraiture.
For over 40 years Mark has used Leica cameras and lenses, especially the 50mm Noctilux, to deliver projects for clients ranging from Vogue and Gucci to Superbowl commercials and fine art photographic exhibitions.
His first-hand experience and wealth of still and motion imagery will provide a foundation for the class and serve as a point of inspiration during an afternoon of in-depth discussions and practical exercises.
Topics covered include:
- Historical overview of Leica glass and evolution.
- The impact of lens choice on the creative process.
- Maximizing your use of Leica lenses.
- Working with natural light indoors and on-location.
- Techniques for working at minimum focusing distance.
- Capturing motion in a still image.
- Understanding the collaboration between photographer and model.
- After a morning of lectures, the class will break up into small groups to work with models on location and at selected outdoor locations. The sessions will conclude with a brief review of work from the day.
Owning a Leica is not required for this event.
Don’t miss your chance to discover how Mark came to find his own visual aesthetic and experience for yourself the process that allows him to dance on the threshold of exposure and minimum focus distances.
For more information call Camera West Walnut Creek (925) 935-1424. To check out Mark’s body of work, please visit his website http://www.depaolapictures.com/