Camera West customers Ron Harris and Steve Foon, along with store manager Dan Leto check out the exceptionally sharp images taken with the Otus.
One of our good customers Ron Harris brought in a lens to show us – the latest lens from Carl Zeiss, the Otus 55mm f1.4. Ron borrowed it from a rental company. It’s a $3,990 piece of glass that dwarfs the old Planar 50mm f1.4 in size and price and is razor sharp – even at wide open. It’s available for Canon and Nikon cameras starting next month and we are currently taking pre-orders for it.
A lens named Otus??? The bird naming started with the Touit line and this convention continues with Otus, the genus to which owls belong. Zeiss has dropped hints that the Otus line will consist of extreme-performance ƒ/1.4 lenses.
From left : Nikkor 58mm f1.4, the Otus 55mm f1.4 and the Zeiss 50mm f1.4
Save anywhere from $75. to $165. on your next Induro carbon fiber tripod with this special promotion.
The Carbon CT Series 8X Tripods are the strongest, most stable tripods ever offered by Induro. A wide stance cross-braced magnesium alloy spider, ultra-light 8X layer Carbon Fiber legs, oversized center column lock and enhanced leg angle locks all contribute to a tripod with up to 35% greater stability, rigidity and higher load capacity.
Stop by Camera West and check out our inventory of fine tripods.
From left : Transit Sling 150AW, Transit Sling 250AW and the Transit Backpack 350AW.
Finding the perfect carrying solution for your gear can be a difficult task. Lowepro however just made it easier with their new Transit series of bags.
Looking for a scaled-down, city-centric carrying solution that offers speed and versatility for your go-to-kit? Try out the Transit Sling 150AW.
How about the speed and slim profile of a sling and the flexibility to carry additional gear? The Transit Sling 250AW may be just the bag for you.
Need the carrying comfort of a backpack and the flexibility to carry additional gear? Look no further than the Transit Backpack 350AW.
Priced at $79.99 for the 150AW, $99.99 for the 250AW, & $119.99 for the 350AW.
Transit specs :
- Innovative UltraFlex™ fit system offers versatile ways to fit, organize and protect camera and personal gear via the central flex divider and smaller dividers– all padded and with hook/loop fasteners
- Central flex divider provides an easy way to organize and separate camera and personal gear in main compartment; to change configuration, pull red tab and fold down
- Fast-access side opening allows rapid gear access via zippered compartment when sling rotated from back to front
- Dedicated tablet compartment offers separate and padded storage space for a vital tech tool
- Ergonomic strap design helps evenly distribute weight
- Patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover™ protects gear from the elements
- Hideaway Tripod Mount™ secures a compact tripod to the side
- Front stash pocket with built-in key fob offers quick access to personal items
- Stow-away stabilizing waist strap secures sling to body when on the move and offers a way to minimize extra bulk when traveling
- Padded, mesh-covered backpad provides soft and breathable wearing comfort
Nikon has posted firmware updates for the following cameras: D3100, D3200, D5100, D5200, and P7700. More accurate detection of the remaining charge for the EN-EL14a rechargeable li-ion battery is the only fix.
Click here to download the firmware for your particular camera.
Leica has announced their official partnership with Red Bull Illume – the world’s largest international photography competition dedicated to action and adventure sports.
The first exhibition tour stop in the U.S. will begin in Scottsdale, Arizona on November 14, 2013. A showcase of the most exciting and creative action sports photography on the planet will be displayed as art to the wider public. The top 50 images selected from over 28,257 submissions by photographers from around the globe will be displayed as a part of a unique illuminated nighttime exhibition and will be free to the public. After the first U.S. stop in Scottsdale, the tour will continue to travel around the world’s capitals and cultural hubs over the next two years.
Scottsdale, Arizona, November 14 – 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada, February 1 – 10, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia (Tentative), March 15 – 29, 2014
Click here to see the images.