FUJIFILM has announced a new firmware v2.0 update that dramatically improves the performance of the original FUJIFILM X100, the first model in the premium X-Series line of digital cameras.
Since its release in March 2011, Fujifilm has received meaningful feedback from X100 photographers throughout the world and this firmware upgrade reflects many of their requests. This new firmware update delivers improved autofocus and manual focus, as well as other convenient features for users who apply the update.
“Photographers around the world have trusted their images to Fujifilm and the X-Series, and this new firmware update is concrete evidence that we are not only listening to our customers, but also working hard to improve our products on a continuing basis,” says Greg Poole, Vice President, Imaging and Recording Media Products, Fujifilm Canada.
Key Features of New X100 Firmware v2.0
- Approximately 20% faster AF speed and enhanced focus distance compared to the previous firmware version
- Close-up focus distance shortened by 30% before needing to switch to macro mode
- Improved Manual Focus
- New Focus Peaking function assists in manual focusing by enhancing the outline of the subject in high contrast
- Improved focusing via the EVF or LCD when using wide apertures
- The camera start-up time has been shortened by approximately 0.2 seconds
- Pressing the AF button now toggles the focus area selection screen and the area of your choice can be selected
To download the new firmware and instructions on upgrading your X100 camera, please visit: