Camera Raw 8.2 is now available as a final release for Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC. This release provides new features including an interactive histogram, workflow presets, and refinements to the Spot Healing Tool and Local Adjustment Brush. In addition, this release also includes bug fixes, support for 19 new cameras and 21 new lenses. DNG Converter 8.2 is provided for customers using versions of Photoshop older than Photoshop CS6.
Lightroom 5.2 is now available as a final release on Adobe.com and through the update mechanism in Lightroom 5. This update provides additional camera raw support, lens profile support and address bugs that were introduced in previous releases of Lightroom.
New Features in Lightroom 5.2 :
- A Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel under Color Noise Reduction. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Smart Preview size has been updated to 2560 pixels on the long edge.
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment
Fujifilm has announced the X-A1, an entry level X-mount mirrorless compact camera. The X-A1 shares a body with the X-M1 however it has a 16MP sensor with a conventional, Bayer color filter array, rather than the X-Trans design. The X-A1 does however retain the bright 920k-dot tilting rear screen and the Wi-Fi offered by the X-M1. Available soon with an MSRP of $599 with the XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS standard zoom – $200 less than the X-M1 cost at its launch.
The company has also announced the Fujinon XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS lens, a lightweight zoom for Fujifilm’s mirrorless cameras, designed to complement smaller bodies like the X-M1 and X-A1. It features optical image stabilization for sharper handheld pictures, and uses a stepper motor for fast focusing.
Leica Rep Tom Brichta stopped by Camera West in Walnut Creek last week with a shiny new camera from Leica, the Leica C. It was our first opportunity to see the camera first hand since it was only announced just a week before.
The Leica C, a new concept within the Leica compact camera portfolio – combines stylish design with impressive technical features. With the support of the Audi Design Team, the slim, elegant and sophisticated design of the Leica C was achieved.The Leica C is the first Leica compact camera to feature an integrated Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC).
The Leica C is available in two finishes, light gold or dark red and will be available next month for $699.
Key Features :
- Slim, elegant and sophisticated design achieved with the support of the Audi Design Team
- Unique yet fashionable accessories designed in collaboration with the Audi Design Team
- Allows pictures to be transferred to your smartphone/tablet while shooting
- Electronic View Finder for easy viewing under any lighting conditions
- Fast Leica DC Vario-Summicron f/2-5.9 lens with the 35mm equivalent 28-200mm zoom
- Larger sensor 1/1.7” with an effective resolution of 12.1 Megapixels
- Manual lens ring control which allows for flexibility
- High-resolution display with 920, 000 pixels
- Full HD movie recording
Customers that purchase a Glass Taxi or Glass Limo from now through October 6th can mail in for a free select Modular Pouch.
These backpacks, in stock at Camera West, convert quickly from a standard gear profile to a specialty pack for long glass up to 600mm. Both packs can be expanded by adding Modular Pouches for an extra lens, flash or camera body.
- Fully adjustable dividers for standard gear
- Special collar and yoke padding for long glass
- Modular Pouch expansion system
- Tripod mounting straps
- Tough materials and Rain Cover