FUJIFILM today announced the launch of the FUJINON XF55-200mm F3.5-F4.8 R LM OIS, the first XF telephoto zoom lens for the X-Series Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera System for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and FUJIFILM X-E1. The all new XF55mm-200mm gives photographers a fast aperture across the entire zoom range and outstanding image stabilization for sharp, high resolution images.
“We know that adding this newly designed, advanced telephoto zoom lens to our XF lens line-up will allow photographers who are using our premium X-Pro1 and X-E1 cameras to gain even more shooting flexibility, and also have cutting edge optical technology at their fingertips that enhances the way they capture images,” said Go Miyazaki, president and chief operating officer, FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
- An advanced optical design to cover the mid-telephoto (83mm) to telephoto (300mm)
- Image stabilization for shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower
- Two linear motors for high-speed AF and quiet operation
- Two ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element for increased performance and effective control against chromatic aberrations
- FUJINON’s proprietary HT-EBC coating on the entire lens surface to effectively prevent reflections, and control flare and ghosting
- Minimum focal distance of 1.1m across the entire zoom range to enable telephoto close-ups
- A 1/3EV step aperture ring for users to easily adjust the aperture while holding the camera up to their eye
- High quality, metal construction focus ring and aperture ring
Cost of this new zoom is $699.95.