And check out the following videos shot with Leica’s first video capable full sensor camera :
Google is re-releasing the complete collection of Nik plugins — including Dfine, Viveza, HDR Efex Pro, Color Efex Pro, Silver Efex Pro, and Sharpener Pro — for only $150. The plugins, which will no longer be sold individually, used to sell for $100 a piece.
Additionally, if you’ve bought any of the plugins in the last five years, the company is going to give you the entire suite for free. And if you spent more than $150 on Nik plugins since February 22nd of this year, Google will actually refund you the difference.
The bundle is already available for purchase on Nik’s website, complete with a new name (Nik Collection by Google) and a new one-time installer that will support Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Lightroom, and Aperture.
You can get more details, pick up a 15-day free trial, or buy the whole collection by clicking here.
The RØDE iXY is the ultimate recording microphone for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod® touch. With up to 24-bit/96k* recording and on-board high-fidelity A/D conversion, your iXY recordings are rich, smooth and accurate.
At the heart of the iXY is a matched pair of ½” cardioid condenser capsules, fixed in a perfect 90 degree ‘near-coincident’ alignment. This results in immersive and true-to-life stereo recordings, captured in incredibly high detail.
The iXY is supplied with a foam windshield for outdoor recording as well as a reinforced protective zip case to ensure your iXY is available whenever you need it.
For more information and to hear audio samples visit www.ixymic.com.
The iXY is compatible with iPhone® 4S, iPhone® 4, iPad® (3rd generation), iPad® 2, iPad® & iPod touch® (4th generation, iOS 6+).
The smartLav is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever professional quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment. With the smartLav the user simply mounts the microphone on the talent, connects it to a smartphone or tablet headset jack and records via the RØDE Rec app for iOS, or any other audio app of their choice.
By employing a high quality omni-directional condenser capsule the smartLav picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
A foam pop shield is supplied to minimize wind noise and vocal plosives (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management.
The smartLav is compatible with any audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with RØDE’s RØDE Rec app for Apple iOS devices. RØDE Rec turns the user’s iOS device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalization presets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability to publish to SoundCloud and Dropbox direct from the app.
The RØDE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2″ condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8″ thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand. (note that cameras with proprietary sized mounts require an additional adaptor.)
Its super cardioid polar pattern is highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimizing any surrounding sounds.
In addition to the microphone’s native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motor sports.
The RØDE VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
Fujifilm has launched two new camera models for its 2013 range: the Fujifilm S8400W bridge camera and the rugged, colorful compact Fujifilm FinePix XP200.
The FinePix S8400W has a 24-1,056mm, 44x zoom lens with a maximum aperture range of f/2.9 to f/6.5. There’s also optical image stabilization and a Super Macro mode that lets you shoot subjects that are just 0.39 inch from the lens. There’s a 16-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, sensitivity through ISO 12,800, 1080/60i video capture, a 10 fps continuous shooting mode and WiFi. You can preview images on the 3-inch, 460k-dot LCD or the 201k-dot electronic viewfinder. Comes in black and ships in May for $350.
FinePix S8400W key features:
- FUJINON super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of F2.9 to F6.5)
- 1/2.3” 16MP BSI-CMOS sensor:
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 second
- Continuous shooting; 10fps (max 10frames, full resolution), 60fps (max 60 frames, image size 1280 × 960) ,120fps (max 60 frames, image size 640 × 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0 second
- Shooting interval time of 0.5 second
- Wireless Image Transfer to smartphones and tablets
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0” LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder (201K-dot)
- Super Macro to 0.39”
- Manual exposure control (P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom control
- Advanced Filters
- nstant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 4 x AA alkaline batteries with approximately 300 shot battery life
The rugged Fujifilm FinePix XP200 is an ultra-resilient waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and dustproof colorful compact Available with red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange glossy finishes, this rugged camera packs a 16-megapixel CMOS sensor with image stabilization, a 28-140mm lens, 3-inch, 920k-dot LCD, a 10-frames-per-second continuous shooting mode, 1080/60i video and built-in WiFi for pushing pics to a companion app. It’s waterproof to 50 feet, freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit (-10°C) and shockproof to 6.6-foot drops.
FinePix XP200 key features:
- Waterproof to 50ft
- Shockproof to 6.6ft
- Freezeproof to 14°F/-10ºC
- 1/2.3” 16MP CMOS sensor
- 5x optical zoom (10x total using Intelligent Digital zoom)
- CMOS-shift image stabilization
- 3.0” LCD screen with anti-reflective coating
- Wireless Image Transfer to smartphones and tablets
- Full HD movie recording and a dedicated ‘Movie Recording Button’
- 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 9 frames) with dedicated ‘Burst Mode Button’
- High speed multi-frame processing – record two shots or more at different exposures and then combine them to achieve High Dynamic Range (HDR) shots with natural contrast that preserves details in the highlights and shadows.
- Motion Panorama 360 – create a 360º panoramic shot by selecting the mode, pressing the shutter button and spinning around in a circle.
- Individual Shutter 3D – create fun images with a 3D effect by combining two shots taken from slightly different angles.
The XP200 will also ship in May, priced at $300.
Canon has just added a new camera to their EOS Rebel entry-level digital SLR line. The 18-megapixel Canon EOS Rebel SL1 is now the world’s smallest DSLR. With easy to use touchscreen controls and full HD video, Canon says the SL1 is, “perfect for users looking for the ideal camera to bring sightseeing on vacation or to capture the everyday.”
The SL1 is approximately 25 percent smaller and 28 percent lighter than the EOS Rebel T4i digital camera.
Key Features and Specs :
- World’s smallest and lightest DSLR
- New 18.0-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 processing
- New Hybrid CMOS AF II system with nine-point center cross-type auto focus array and expanded area in Live View
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-12,800, expandable to ISO 25,600 for stills; ISO 100-6400, expandable to ISO 12,800 for video
- 4 FPS max burst speed
- 3-inch touchscreen LCD display
- 1080p full HD video
- Movie Servo AF continuous subject tracking
- Manual exposure control in movie mode
- Pop-up flash
$799.99 with an EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit lens.