Please join us as Michael Maloney, a 37 year photojournalism veteran and Camera West Walnut Creek staff member, leads this photo walk capturing the visually exciting and dynamic sport of bicycle racing.
For this walk, Michael will show us how to shoot the Fast & Furious Twilight Criterium, a series of 40 minute plus bicycle races in downtown Pleasanton, CA. There will be numerous chances to photograph the peloton as they streak by at speeds up to 40mph.
It will be a colorful, action-filled series of races offering all kinds of photo possibilities and Michael will be there to guide you to the best spots and to ensure that you get the most out of this event.
What you will will learn:
* What makes a good sports photo
* How to set up your camera to increase your chances for capturing action
* How to effectively use your shutter speeds for various effects.
* How to use fast and slow shutter fill flash
* How to shoot action at night with and without a flash
* How to position yourself to get the most dynamic image
This Photo Walk is for photographers of all abilities. What you will learn in this photo walk can be applied to nearly any fast moving situation whether it be your kids running around the house, or any other sports. The only thing that you need to bring is a digital SLR, your best lenses and your enthusiasm!
Check out some of the great photos from last year’s Camera West workshop participants from this same event.
Cost : $25.00
Number of participants will be limited to no more than 12 participants.
For more info or to sign up, contact Michael at Camera West in Walnut Creek