Canon has issued a firmware update for the 5D Mark III. Version 1.1.3 adds the following :
- Supports the new EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens that is to be released at the end of June, 2012.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which an image may become underexposed when using the Auto Lighting Optimizer for continuous Auto Exposure Bracketing shooting.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the backlight of the LCD monitor may not turn off depending on the camera settings and timing.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s power may not turn on when a super-telephoto lens is mounted to the camera with an extender .
- Corrects mistakes in the Dutch, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, and Swedish menu screens.
Canon has also issued a firmware update for the 60D. The new firmware version 1.1.1 includes the following updates:
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera’s serial number that is displayed in the shooting information of the image does not display the correct serial number.
- Corrects errors in the Greek, Italian, and Portuguese menu screens.