Nikon is pleased to announce the new AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II lens, a versatile, powerful super-telephoto zoom that’s perfect for sports and wildlife shooting, while offering a constant maximum aperture throughout the entire zoom range and VR II Image Stabilization which enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible.
The AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II features Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat that reduces ghosting and interior flare for even greater image clarity. Four Extra-low Dispersion (ED)Elements offer superior sharpness and color correction, while the exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus. A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
This amazing new lens provides enhanced shooting flexibility along with full compatibility with Nikon’s line of Teleconverters, as the latest addition to the Nikon NIKKOR lens lineup.
Leica S2 Firmware Update now available for download at Leica-cameras.com
1. Extended camera functionality:
• additional HMI white balance preset added (Hydrargyrum Medium-arc Iodide lamps)
• additional viewfinder information: exposure correction
• custom setting for depth of field preview button
• selectable top deck OLED standby time
• control element lock
• extended user-defined button programming
2. Improvement of existing functions
• consistent, continuous image numbering
• accelerated data transfer speed for computer-tethered shooting
• increased compatibility with memory cards not formatted in the camera
• improved handling for selection of exposure modes
• compatibility with Summarit-S 35mm and 120mm lenses
• improvement of JPEG image quality
• automatic detection of interchangeable focusing screens
• improved image viewing on the camera monitor
3. Optimization of handling
• simplified image review selection
Lighting Fundamentals with Ray Olson. On the 19th of April between 6:30 and 8:30pm we invited Ray Olson to come to Camera West and present his approach to the fundamentals of off camera lighting. This one night class was well attended and those who came along gained valuable insights into how to take the studio to the subject from a well experienced photographer.
Ray Olson has been published in numerous magazines and has shot some very influential musicians including the likes of Jerry Garcia and Metallica.
We look forward to seeing both those who attended and those who couldn’t make it this time, for our next event. Please check out our event calender on our blog homepage for future classes and presentations.
Camera West’s Hal Kam and Leica Representative Tom Brichta recently traveled north to visit the Mendocino region of Norther California to scout out the area for Camera West’s up and coming Mendocino Exploration photography trip.
Well known for its outstanding natural beauty as well as its interesting and unique cultural features this area readily provides an exceptional photographic opportunity for all styles of shooting.
Accompany us as we explore the unbelievably picturesque Village of Mendocino on California’s North coast. We will be exploring outstanding scenery, Victorian architecture and breathtaking light. Over the course of three days we will journey through this place of serene natural beauty with Hal Kam of Camera West and Leica Camera Representative, Tom Brichta. The trip includes lodging for two nights and all meals excluding alcohol. The rate for a shared room is $500.00 per person and $600.00 for a single.
Contact Hal Kam for Reservations and More Information