Leica has announced the Summilux-M 28mm f1.4 ASPH. Once part of a limited edition set, the new Summilux-M 28mm f1.4 ASPH is now available for purchase. Priced at $5,950. and available for order now at Camera West.
- Optics : ten lenses in seven groups including an aspherical lens-element and a floating element
- Focus range: 0.7 m to infinity
- Lens hood: external thread with stop for screw on lens hood (included)
- Filter : E49
- Length: approx. 3.2 inches
- Weight: approx. 15.5 ounces
Just a reminder that Camera West will be closed on Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day. Saturday hours remain the same – 10am to 4pm. Sunday as always, we are closed.
Enjoy the weekend!
ZEISS is celebrating its 125th anniversary and passing on some great savings for new ZEISS ZE or ZF.2 SLR lenses purchased between now and July 31, 2015.
RØDE Microphones has announced an upgrade to its number one selling microphone worldwide, the VideoMic Pro.
Originally released in 2010, the VideoMic Pro quickly became an industry standard on-camera shotgun microphone for professionals and enthusiasts alike. With its small form factor, superior audio quality and industry first +20db level boost, it was the perfect companion for DSLR cameras as they became the go-to device for high definition video capture.
Determined to raise the bar again in 2015, RØDE’s all new VideoMic Pro will feature the acclaimed Rycote Lyre suspension system, along with an upgraded microphone capsule, improving both the physical characteristics and audio performance of the microphone.
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
- 10 year warranty with online registration at www.rodemic.com/warranty
Fujifilm has announced the new X-T10 featuring an APS-C X-TransTM CMOS II sensor with built-in phase detection AF. The FUJIFILM X-T10 uses a new auto focus system that complements the fast and accurate single-point auto focus system with new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes, which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera’s ability to track and capture moving subjects.
- Body only : $799.95
- Body with XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS : $1,099.95
- Body with XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II : $899.95
FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR
The FUJINON XF90mmF2 R LM WR is a fast-aperture prime lens that delivers ultra-sharp images with rich bokeh even at the maximum aperture setting. The optical construction of 11 elements in 8 groups (including three ED glass elements) minimizes vignetting and creates beautiful bokeh thanks to the rounded diaphragm, which makes it perfect for portraiture as well as other applications.
Available mid July for $949.95