On this special episode recorded at The White House, Robert Caplin (http://RobertCaplin.com) chats with his friend Pete Souza, Chief Official White House photographer for President Barack Obama and the director of the White House Photography Office. They talk about his unique job that’s taken to nearly every corner of the Earth baring witness to some of the most important moments in history during both in the Obama as well as the Reagan administration decades past. They discuss how Pete met President Obama while on assignment for The Chicago Tribune years back covering his first year as a senator, which led to his book “The Rise of Barack Obama”. They talk about his background, business, social media, and much more. This is a talk you don’t want to miss!
Sony has released camera firmware update 1.20 for Sony A7, A7R, A7S, A7II and a6000 cameras which provides improved function for the latest Sony FE lenses: FE 24-240mm F3.5-5.6, FE 35mm F1.4, FE 28mm F2 and FE 90mm F2.8 Macro.
• Improves the power-on time after downloading the Smart Remote Control application of the PlayMemories Camera Apps™.
• Provides support for the SEL70200G lens:
• Supports the “Fast Hybrid AF” function and future Fast Hybrid AF compatible E mount lenses
• Adds the “Focus hold button” function
• Reduces start-up time when the camera is switched on immediately after being switched off
• Improves image quality
• Provides support for additional PlayMemories Camera Apps and additional features for previously supported apps:
• Supports the “Liveview Grading” and “Smooth Reflection” applications
• Supports the smooth automatic exposure feature in the “Time-lapse” application ver. 2.00 and later
Join Michael for a new twist (literally!) on shooting fireworks. The technique we will practice is a unique one. Rather than just letting the fireworks paint our image, we will change our focus during the exposure, getting the unusual effects you see in these photos. We will be shooting the fireworks show after the Oakland A’s game at the Coliseum. You will not need to buy a ticket for the game as we will not be in the stadium. The fireworks show happens after the game.
What to bring :
- A digital camera that will allow you to shoot in bulb and manual focus mode
- A manual focus lens – wide angle to 50mm range
- A tripod
- A remote release
- A neutral density filter – 3 stops would be ideal. A polarizer can work in a pinch.
Saturday, May 16, 2015
8 – 10 pm
Cost : $50.
Participation will be limited to only 12 participants so sign up soon! Call or email Michael at Camera West in Walnut Creek for more info or to sign up.
Watch as we unbox the Lenny Kravitz designed Leica MP – one of just 125 produced worldwide.
Leica in collaboration with musician, actor and designer Lenny Kravitz has produced a special edition camera the Leica MP Set “Correspondent” by Lenny Kravitz Design. This edition includes the digital rangefinder camera Leica MP and two classics among the Leica lenses – the Leica Summicron-M 1: 2/35 mm ASPH. and the Leica Summilux-M 1: 1.4 / 50mm ASPH. Delivered as you will see in a custom case.
If interested in purchasing this unique set, please contact us a Camera West.
Please join us at Camera West Rancho Mirage for a beginning photographer seminar dedicated to bringing a clear understanding of the digital cameras many options including menus, modes, lens choices, f stops, iso, histograms and assorted buttons that some avoid like the plague. Each topic is illustrated with pictures resulting in understanding craft and moving toward the pictures you intend. We will finish with a tamer camera. You will also be introduced to editing software. Remember, some of the most important photographs in history were made with just one button.
This casual presentation is especially appropriate for beginning photographers. There will be time for open conversation, questions and refreshments. Please RSVP early as each monthly session is limited to 12 participants.
Thursday, April 9th, 7-8:45 PM.
Cost is $50. per person.
Please call or email Camera West Rancho Mirage for more info or to sign up.