Camera West customer and friend Faran Najafi is one of the top 10 finalists in the architecture category of the Hasselblad Masters 2016 competition. Quite an honor considering the level of competition!
Check out the following link to sign up and view all the top images chosen by Hasselblad. The winning photograph in each category is voted on by the public, so If you like Faran’s image (seen above), be sure to vote for it!
Capturing Images That Tell the Story of Your Adventure
Learn to capture captivating images of the people, places and events that tell the story of your vacation. This class is great for adults, families and kids.
Adding the element of storytelling through photography will truly enhance your travels and will enrich the way you view your experiences. We will discuss preparing for your trip by identifying your primary photographic objectives. Then we will discuss a game plan for capturing those sights, scenes and details.
We will discuss the top five tips for improving your images immediately. To make those memories last once you return home, we will discuss strategies for making photo books. It’s your images that document your experiences and anchor your memories of shared times, let us help you make the most of them.
Thursday July 16th, 2015
6:30 – 8:30pm
Cost is $65. per person
For more details, contact Terry Riggins
Nikon has announced today a new AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR, covering a 24-120mm equivalent range on Nikon’s APS-C bodies and featuring Nikon’s legendary Nano Crystal Coating and an electromagnetic diaphragm – a first for their DX lineup of lenses. The Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR will be available this month for $1069.95.
AF-S Nikkor 500mm F4E FL ED VR (top) and AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR
Also announced are two slimmed down versions of their 500mm and 600mm super telephotos.
The new AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR and the AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR with fluorite lens elements helps to reduce chromatic aberration as well as decrease the overall weight of the lenses, saving nearly two lbs. for the 500mm, and nearly three lbs. for the 600mm.Both lenses also use an electromagnetic diaphragm for more consistent exposures control during burst shooting.
The AF-S Nikkor 500mm F4E FL ED VR will cost $10,299.95; the AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR will sell for $12,299.95. Both will be available mid-July.
The FirstLight backpack series addresses the needs of traveling outdoor photographers. Featuring a contoured, adjustable torso harness with 11 adjustment points it accommodates most men and women. These packs are a tour-de-force of backpack design for outdoor photography. Ballistic nylon bottoms for durability, hydration reservoir compatible and long lens capacity with room for a laptop and personal gear. Designed with the needs of outdoor photographers in mind, (who travel by plane, train and automobile, before they head out to remote locations), these are trail packs that travel well. Carry on compatible, these comfortable high capacity backpacks are built for extended days of travel or a long day on the trail.
- Adjustable torso length fits small to large body types
Robust, comfortable, and contoured harness system with 11 adjustment points
Sized for domestic or international travel (Check with your airline for their current carry-on requirements)
- Dedicated 3L hydration pocket on side (30L & 40L only)
- Tablet or laptop fits into front pocket (20L & 30L = up to 15” laptop; 40L = up to 17” laptop)
- Includes tripod/monopod mounting system on front or side
- Better weight distribution for a more comfortable load enables easier all day use on the trail
- Seamless rain cover (included) doubles as a ground cloth
- When attached, rain cover allows small to medium tripods to be carried on front or side positions
- 2 front stuff pockets for travel or trail essentials; extra layers, a light jacket, headlamp, gloves, chargers
Adjustable high-density closed-cell foam dividers for large telephoto lenses,traditional photo gear, or personal items
- Large water bottle or accessory pocket with drains and cinch cord for security
- Top zippered pocket for quick access to essentials
- Ballistic nylon bottom panel for durability in harsh environments
- Shaped aluminum torso stay for additional support
- Grab handles on 3 sides make it easy to hoist into an overhead bin, car, or trunk (2 handles on 20L)
- Interior mesh pockets for storing filters, batteries, cables, etc.
- Side compression straps with locking SR buckles for additional lash points
- Shoulder straps and waist belt wrap to front for compact storage in overhead compartment
- Whistle integrated into sternum strap buckle
- Compatible with MindShift Tripod Suspension Kit, Lens Switch Case, and the filter cases
Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4–6 standard zoom lenses. Holds 2 large Mirrorless DSLRs and 5–7 lenses plus a flash. Maximum lens size: 200–400mm f/4 detached or 300 f/2.8 attached.
Holds 1 gripped DSLR and 4–6 standard zoom lenses, and 1 flash. Maximum lens size: 500mm f/4 lens detached or 400 f/2.8 attached.
Holds 2 gripped DSLRs with 6–8 standard zoom lenses and 1–2 flashes. Maximum lens size: 600mm f/4 lens detached or a 500mm f/4 attached.
FirstLight 20L – $229.99
FirstLight 30L – $279.99
FirstLight 40L – $329.99
Available later this month. Order yours today!