We are pleased to announce the introduction of the new instax® mini 70 camera in three exciting and fun colors – Canary Yellow, Moon White and Island Blue. This mini format instant print film camera joins the expanding line-up of instax® products.
Available mid-November for $149.99.
Features and Specs :
- Produces an image size of 2.4” x 3.9”.
- Works with FUJIFILM instax® Mini Film only – ISO800
- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f=60mm, 1:12.7
- Built-in automatic electronic flash
- Real image finder, 0.37x with target spot
- Film pack confirmation window indicating exposure count
- Includes 2 CR2 batteries, Camera strap and User’s Guide
- Selfie mode and equipped with a mirror for taking self-portraits (selfies)
- Automatic Exposure Mode for automatic light adjustments in any shooting condition
- Hi-Key Mode for capturing brighter skin tones, Macro and Landscape Modes
- Tripod mount (tripod(s) sold separately)
- 1 year limited warranty
Profoto releases a new firmware upgrade for the B1 and the B2 Off-Camera Flashes.
- Added AirTTL Compatibility With Canon EOS 5DS And EOS 5DS R
- Improved Canon Integration for Faster Shooting in Manual Mode
- Option To Deactivate Auto Power-Off On All Units
- Improved Display Sleep Function On Air Remotes
- Minor Bugfixes
In addition the upgrades include over 15 minor fixes, making the system more stable and contributing to an even greater user experience.
The upgrade and the full release notes are available for registered users at www.profoto.com/myprofoto
Nikon has launched the “Step into the world of astrophotography with a Nikon camera” website for those new to astrophotography.
The website is a guide to astrophotography created for photo hobbyists interested in shooting astronomical bodies, as well as for those new to astrophotography. In addition to recommending specific Nikon cameras and NIKKOR lenses, the guide also introduces the peripheral equipment needed for successful astrophotography, including tripods, optical telescopes, and equatorial telescopes. Optimal shooting techniques, such as fixed-mount photography and tracked-mount photography and required accessories for each category of Nikon camera—digital SLRs, Nikon 1, and COOLPIX compact digital cameras are explained in detail.
Please join us at Camera West Rancho Mirage for a beginning photographer seminar dedicated to bringing a clear understanding of the digital cameras many options including menus, modes, lens choices, f stops, iso, histograms and assorted buttons that some avoid like the plague. Each topic is illustrated with pictures resulting in understanding craft and moving toward the pictures you intend. We will finish with a tamer camera. You will also be introduced to editing software. Remember, some of the most important photographs in history were made with just one button.
This casual presentation is especially appropriate for beginning photographers. There will be time for open conversation, questions and refreshments. Please RSVP early as each monthly session is limited to 12 participants.
Thursday, October 8th, 6:30-8:30 PM.
Cost is $50. per person.
Please call or email Camera West Rancho Mirage for more info or to sign up.
Photos by Michael Maloney
With Pink Floyd’s ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ playing in my head, I waited along with 20 friends of Camera West on a beautiful San Francisco evening for the moon to make her appearance. However, Mother Nature had other plans, testing our patience as the eclipsed moon did not appear on schedule due to a pesky layer of clouds.
But when she finally appeared, it was breathtaking. The night sky was in darkness but the Bay Bridge lights added a bit of sparkle to the scene.
Thank you to all the photo walk participants who joined me to witness this. I can’t wait to see the photos you came up with!
We were treated to a colorful sunset, but unfortunately those beautiful clouds hid the moon until well after dark.
Deanna trains her Leica T on the lights of SF, while Abe aims his Nikon at the Bay Bridge.
Phil's Nikon mounted on a gimbal head gave him a solid foundation.