Please join us at Camera West Walnut Creek for a special reception featuring the unique photography of John Ricca.
John Ricca is a San Francisco Bay Area fine art photographer who uses the camera to capture a mood and visual experience usually associated with other visual art forms. In addition to traditional landscapes, Ricca focus on natural and close-up images that emphasize shapes, textures, and patterns. Ricca hopes the viewer will experience the emotions created by the photographic image, in addition to seeing the image itself.
In addition to making images, Ricca tutors individuals and small groups in photography workshops and field trips on how to improve their photographic techniques. He has exhibited in numerous group and solo exhibitions throughout the Bay Area.
His work will be on display here at Camera West Walnut Creek starting on November 13 thru March 21, 2015.
Thursday, Nov 13, 2014
Wine and refreshments will be served.
RSVP is kindly requested
Contact us at 925-935 -1424 or via email
Camera West customers Abe and Deanna Hsieh came into our Walnut Creek store today looking for a wrist strap and a way to customize Deanna’s Leica T. I’d say they were quite successful, finding an Orange Red T Snap and T Wrist Strap, which just happened to match Deanna’s orange dress to a “T”!
Leica has released a firmware update for the X Vario (Typ 107). Update Version 1.1 offers the following :
- Direct exposure correction in “A” mode and “T” mode the Exposure Value compensation functionality is in direct access on the Thumb Dial.
- Info button:the info button confirms menu selections in the same way the menu/set button confirms them. It also starts the playback function in video playback mode
- Flash button: the flash button is now only activated when either the internal flash is opened-up or an external Leica flash is attached
- Audio Volume: in video playback mode the volume is adjustable via the top and bottom button on back rocker switch
- Auto ISO : selection of shutter speed times is broadened up to the range of 1s to 1/1000s. If Auto ISO is selected it stays active in M mode also.
Leica has released new firmware for the S and S2 cameras. Details as follows :
LEICA S (Type 006) Firmware Update 220.127.116.11
- AF Performance: completely new developed AF algorithms and AF drive control for extensive improvements in terms of focus speed, responsiveness, smoothness and precision.
- Predictive AF: improved predictive object tracking in AF Continuous Mode.
- Improved GPS precision: Global Positioning System coordinates will only be stored in image data if last signal update is not older than 5 minutes, instead of 24h like former firmware.
- Support of the new Leica S-lens: Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100mm ASPH.
- Support of the new lens firmware (all S-lenses).
Leica S2 / S2-P Firmware Update 18.104.22.168
- Support for new lens Leica Summicron-S 1:2/100mm ASPH.
http:// us.leica-camera.com/Service- Support/Support/Downloads
Leica Camera in collaboration with Moncler is proud to present the Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’. This collaboration between Leica and Moncler celebrates the treasured values of both brands – heritage, quality and character. The Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’ design reflects Moncler’s famous tricolor DNA with the blue, white and red coloring. There are only 1,500 units worldwide.
The Leica X ‘Edition Moncler’ is available at Camera West and the Leica Store SF for $2,950.